ischemic optic retinopathy

primmers

No ginger, but there will be someone around who has or who knows enough about it to start to answer any questions you have. Weekends are often a bit quieter than weekdays but if you hang on you'll get a better reply.

In the meantime, welcome to the board and, incase you haven't seen it, some info on diabetes for newbies put together by a couple of board stalwarts - Ken and Sue. I know you aren't newly diagnosed so probably know a lot already but it might be interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088

Unbeliever

Very interesing as ever catherinecherub , hanks.

Makes me wonder. I suffer from macular oedema and lowering my blood sugar suddenly caused i and recently caused fi=urther bleeding.

I was given ramipril when firs diagnosed with retinopathy although my bp was normal.
I suffer from white coat syndrome but the dr at last ear's annnual diabetic review found this hard to accept. After bringing me into the dsurgery on two consecutib=ve days and winding me up about it he incresed my medication. I often experience aaninitial strange reacion o medications. On his occasion when i first ook the increased dose my BP stayed ayt 110'65 for two days apparently without moving. When I went out i realised that I could see practically nothing with my left eye.
I told my consultant but he didn't appear to thik this could be connected with my BP. makes you wonder though.......