ISIG on Medtronic 640G CMG

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am a long term T1 diabetic (55yrs) and having been on a pump for the last 10 or so years and the last 2 using the CGM, I seem to be hitting a problem with the ISIG level which is reading lower than normal. (The sensor reading is also reading lower than my BG level also 99% of the time).
I have been in contact with Medtronic and we have worked our way through a battery of possibilities as to the cause of the low ISIG number, and having tried 2 new boxes of sensors, 2 new transmitters, replacing the charger unit and also changing the site of the sensor from the abdomen to the arm, nothing so far has changed. Tomorrow a new pump should arrive, but whether that will change anything or not we wont know until its tried.
ISIG numbers are normally between 30 & 60 so I am told, my ISIG ranges between between '6.9 & 33.52'. The upper level readings having only reached the normal range 28 times in the last 24 hrs and out of around 185 readings that is low . The group between 20 & 24 has the majority at around 130times. Medtronic don't appear to know why this happening.
I just wondered IF by any chance any other T1's were on a Low Carb/Keto diet and were aware of their ISIG number readings?

Just as a pointer to any LC dieters who are having problems loosing weight as I was, I spoke to a dietician having done a food diary over a period of a few weeks, and she pointed out that the number of calories I was eating was over what she would recommend. I am eating 35g carbs per day, and she recommended sticking to around 1400 cals. This has worked for me and I have lost around 8lb over the last few weeks. Most of the sites say not to count cals, but it may be that that is where your problem is coming from. Just be aware.

I look forward to hearing your replies on the ISIG numbers & LC/Keto. Thank you