Issue with Libre - blank screen

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott have posted a video with instructions. My husband followed the video and it’s important to note that the first scan didn’t work, advising Signal Loss. The second scan immediately after worked and it’s working again. Really terrible that this has happened.

This worked Thankyou

Reactions: Bill_St

HellyMac

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott have posted a video with instructions. My husband followed the video and it’s important to note that the first scan didn’t work, advising Signal Loss. The second scan immediately after worked and it’s working again. Really terrible that this has happened.
Thank you, I am back up and running again

Reactions: MelAnnC

Lee38181

A fantastic tip. Recently diagnosed so not familiar with everything yet. Just downloaded Shuggah and appears to be working fine. Luckily I only changed the sensor this week so hopefully Abbott have their act together by then.
this shuggah app works brilliant ive just download it and works looks good also so all diabetics dont need to panic with freestyle app being broken hope this helps everyone

Rosie Posie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here I am 72 live on my own manage my diabetes well but I am technically illiterate so have no idea what to do now ... Will it return to normal or is the info retained lost now luckily my finger pricker is still around so can still keep an eye on bs levels

Chris_foxall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Abbott have updated the website now with the fix. You have to delete the app and reinstall. Useful video from Abbott here. Although you will lose all of the data logs on the app, it is still available in the Libreview so your hospital and yourself can view the history online instead.

The app appears to have been updated to continuously read Blood Glucose without having to scan so not a bad update in the end, but shame it caused so many problems!

holdem

It’s garmin connect you need to download
Then need to pair the watch to your phone (I’m on iphone)
The notifications from shugar should then come through automatically
Good luck
hi what is shugar? i dont use it i use libre app? Is there a reason why you use shugar? I am happy to use it but interested in knowing a little more about it? Thanks

Clarkes3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I’ve got that. How do you rectify this issue or when will it be resolved? I live on my own and am currently having a hypo so don’t know what to do
I have downloaded the Shuggah App. Once downloaded you can change the readings to mmol/L in its settings. Works fine but won’t be able to share info with GP

Clarkes3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Discovered this just 40 mins ago. Started new sensor on Wednesday so initially thought issue with that. I’m Iphone 11 and presume my App updates are automatic. Occasionally screen will show log book but when I try to scan sensor screen goes blank again. Have a number of strips for my meter but will call Health centre today to get more. Is it now just a waiting game until Abbot fix this issue?
I’ve downloaded the Shuggah app. Free on App Store. When you’ve downloaded you can change readings to mmol/L in the settings. Brilliant app. No need to scan it scans you constantly and just open the app to see the graph.

MelAnnC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott have updated the website now with the fix. You have to delete the app and reinstall. Useful video from Abbott here. Although you will lose all of the data logs on the app, it is still available in the Libreview so your hospital and yourself can view the history online instead.

The app appears to have been updated to continuously read Blood Glucose without having to scan so not a bad update in the end, but shame it caused so many problems!

Has anyone tried this and it’s not worked. I’m not the best with apps and mobiles. Managed to get Shuggar working last night with a big sigh of relief. Only diagnosed a few months ago at age 56 so everything is still very new and a little scary. Will I lose that if I reactivate Bluetooth on the libre link app when I try reinstall or can I switch off Bluetooth on Shuggar and then just switch it back on again if I can’t get Libre reinstalled following the instructions. Keen to get Libre back up and working but don’t want to risk having neither. Any help from those who are little more savvy gratefully appreciated.

pightle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I literally just posted about the same thing!!
Yes, I’m having the same problem too. I managed to get through to someone on the phone after being on hold for 2 hours!!!
They have said they updated the app and it’s gone wrong and they have people working on it at the moment. However, they are unsure of when it will be up and running again
Have the same problem worked first thing at 7 am since then nothing blank screen called but they said it could be over 2hrs on hold gave up

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have the same problem worked first thing at 7 am since then nothing blank screen called but they said it could be over 2hrs on hold gave up
Have you followed the instructions in the video above?
(See comment #145 for the last time it was posted.)

danbcfc1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the blank screen issue this morning following the auto update. Deleted the app, restored from the past ‘purchases’ area and logged in with my libreview account. The app asked me to scan and add a sensor and thankfully it accepted my existing one (which has a few days to go). Updates now coming in once a minute automatically. Be warned that all data is lost in the app following this approach. Only the last 8 hours pulled from the sensor is in there now. This is despite being successfully linked to Libreview. Not a great drama as it’s thankfully still reporting to the site.

Thanks for the advice!!! It worked for me!!

SalRead1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Many thanks to all those people who have drawn attention to the Shuggah app. I have downloaded it and although it tells me I have tens of readings I can’t find them anywhere. When I click on Home I can see the TIR, high/low, average HbA1c, CV and Today pie chart, but I can’t find any actual readings and there’s nothing in the graph chart. What am I doing wrong?

alexb28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I literally just posted about the same thing!!
Yes, I’m having the same problem too. I managed to get through to someone on the phone after being on hold for 2 hours!!!
They have said they updated the app and it’s gone wrong and they have people working on it at the moment. However, they are unsure of when it will be up and running again
i had the same issue, this worked for me -

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi what is shugar? i dont use it i use libre app? Is there a reason why you use shugar? I am happy to use it but interested in knowing a little more about it? Thanks
Just downloaded it this morning when the libre app wasn’t working, now using both
Shugar sends a reading to my iPhone & smart watch every minute & can be seen on the screens without having to open the app

holdem

Just downloaded it this morning when the libre app wasn’t working, now using both
Shugar sends a reading to my iPhone & smart watch every minute & can be seen on the screens without having to open the app
when you downloaded the app what did you do next to link it etc
do you have a sort of walk through of what you did

thanks

this would be brill but i cant fathom it out

thanks