Issue with Libre - blank screen

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have an iPhone12, and when I got Shuggah working, notifications automatically came to my phone home screen and on my Garmin watch. I didn’t have to do anything. Although, you do need to make sure that in Garmin Connect it is set up to send notifications. Mine was and so I was already getting notifications of emails and WhatsApps, amongst many other things. These were all appearing on my Garmin watch, so I suppose it’s no surprise that the notifications from Shuggah also appeared. You also need to check settings within the Shuggah app to make sure that notifications are ‘toggled on’ there as well.
Thanks for this
I do get the notifications every 5 minutes on my watch as it was already set up like that, but apparently you can set it so readings are there all the time just like the time

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for this
I do get the notifications every 5 minutes on my watch as it was already set up like that, but apparently you can set it so readings are there all the time just like the time
That would be really good. I’ve done some quick research on how I might achieve that, but what I have found seems to suggest it’s only possible with Dexcom. I know you can search and download different watchfaces for a Garmin, so I’ll have a look at that when I get a chance. If anyone knows how to do this, please post.

Kaydee59

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I had no problem until Saturday morning. Got onto website and it said to delete and reinstall app which I did. It works now but I lost all my previous data. It now takes regular readings without me having to scan the sensor

holdem

That would be really good. I’ve done some quick research on how I might achieve that, but what I have found seems to suggest it’s only possible with Dexcom. I know you can search and download different watchfaces for a Garmin, so I’ll have a look at that when I get a chance. If anyone knows how to do this, please post.
the below is where i get stumped on this site https://medium.com/trit1dtech/how-to-view-cgm-data-on-a-garmin-watch-or-bike-computer-6846b06801e2

"Step 3: Add your Nightscout site or phone internal server to the watch face and data field settings. For the watch face, go to “Activities and App Management” -> “Watch Faces.” Select the Nightscout icon. Then go to “Settings.” If you are using Dexcom + Nightscout, put in your Nightscout URL. Make sure you put in “https” instead of “http” in the URL. If you are using xDrip+ or Spike, put in the internal server. Instructions can be found within the Spike app by going to “Settings” -> “Integration” -> “Internal HTTP Server” in the menu. There should be similar information within xDrip+, but I am not sure of the location. Repeat the same process for the data field."

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A new problem with the reinstalled LibreLink app this morning: it won’t, or can’t scan novopens. Anyone else experienced this?
It must be difficult to rewrite and update software without a long shutdown, but I do hope pens will scan again soon and records will be updated.
It’s not life threatening, just life enhancing.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the below is where i get stumped on this site https://medium.com/trit1dtech/how-to-view-cgm-data-on-a-garmin-watch-or-bike-computer-6846b06801e2

"Step 3: Add your Nightscout site or phone internal server to the watch face and data field settings. For the watch face, go to “Activities and App Management” -> “Watch Faces.” Select the Nightscout icon. Then go to “Settings.” If you are using Dexcom + Nightscout, put in your Nightscout URL. Make sure you put in “https” instead of “http” in the URL. If you are using xDrip+ or Spike, put in the internal server. Instructions can be found within the Spike app by going to “Settings” -> “Integration” -> “Internal HTTP Server” in the menu. There should be similar information within xDrip+, but I am not sure of the location. Repeat the same process for the data field."
I’ve looked on the App Store for nightscout there’s 2 but no recent reviews, think I’m going to leave it as it’s set up for now, get readings every 5 minutes which is so much better than LibreLink

Reactions: kingsmac

holdem

I’ve looked on the App Store for nightscout there’s 2 but no recent reviews, think I’m going to leave it as it’s set up for now, get readings every 5 minutes which is so much better than LibreLink
maybe its what you mean but the nightscout app im talking about is within the garmin iq connect store

PBarks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My iPhone will link to the Novopen using the app but as soon as I do that I am condemned to a blank screen again. I have had to reinstall the app but refrain from linking the Novopen so that it all works properly.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That’s just too much of a time waster @PBarks. My iPhone-installed Libre App doesn’t go to a blank screen, it just doesn’t recognise the pens. I added both to the ‘insulin pen’ section: it blames NovoNordisk.
Is it an App software problem, a pen problem, or what. Suspect the tech team are still working on the update.

PBarks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fairygodmother, you are right it is a time waster and also infuriating. Abbott know about this but I can find no indication of what they are doing about it.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Rowgirl

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Abbott sent me an email. I had to uninstall the libre app, then reinstall. I reinstalled by going into the app store, press the icon on the top right, then press purchased, at the librelink press the cloud to reinstall. I was without libre for 3 days, it's working now.

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have one new issue! I played tennis today for the first time since getting everything working, and although my phone was right at the side of the court by the net, I soon had no readings from either app and the Libre app said signal loss. I was able to scan and get a reading, but not every time! Given that this was a situation where I could have most done with readings appearing on my watch every five minutes, that was extremely disappointing. It does seem that if I go more than a certain distance away from my phone then the signal loss occurs. However, this had not been happening in my home, and I had definitely been further away from my phone than I was on the tennis court. Oddly, both then started working fully after I drove home with my phone very near to me! Also, the Libre app graph has no gaps in it for the period I was playing! The Shuggah app does have a gap! Yet another conundrum! Anyone else suffering this signal loss if they go away from their phone even a relatively short distance?

PBarks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had the occasional lost signal alarm when the phone is in my pocket. However, I can leave the phone in my bedroom, go for a shower and be some 6 yards away with an intervening wall with no signal loss. I sometimes forget to pick my phone up in the mornings and go downstairs, after a short while I can hear the signal loss alarm on my phone reminding me to go and pick it up. It looks as if the critical cut-off range is about 10 yards. I don't what the effect of energetic arm movements may be, perhaps that is the problem.

Reactions: kingsmac

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had the occasional lost signal alarm when the phone is in my pocket. However, I can leave the phone in my bedroom, go for a shower and be some 6 yards away with an intervening wall with no signal loss. I sometimes forget to pick my phone up in the mornings and go downstairs, after a short while I can hear the signal loss alarm on my phone reminding me to go and pick it up. It looks as if the critical cut-off range is about 10 yards. I don't what the effect of energetic arm movements may be, perhaps that is the problem.
Thanks for this. What I don’t understand is that when I went to my phone on changing ends, scanning did not always work and even when it did, it did not restore the automatic one minute updates. When I finished playing and had the phone with me, I still had difficulty scanning. It was only on my drive home that everything started working. I can only assume you’ve got to have the phone with you for a while before it all falls into place again. Once the automatic updates began again, then so did Shuggah. The real disappointment for me is that it wouldn’t work whilst I was playing, which is when I really would’ve liked the updates on my watch. Given the size of a court, I was never more than 20yds unobstructed from the phone and most of the time within 10/15 yards of it but obviously that is longer than the critical cut off range of 10 yards! Real shame. I don’t quite understand why there is not a gap in my graph on Libre while I was playing, but there is one on Shuggah! Maybe you are right about the vigorous arm movements. At the moment my sensor is on my right arm, and I am right-handed, I wonder if it will be different with my next sensor which will be on my left arm!

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t quite understand why there is not a gap in my graph on Libre while I was playing, but there is one on Shuggah!
I think this is because Libre still stores 8 hours of data, and transfers it to the app when you scan it.
I expect Shuggah solely relies on the data it receives in real time.

kingsmac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think this is because Libre still stores 8 hours of data, and transfers it to the app when you scan it.
I expect Shuggah solely relies on the data it receives in real time.
I’m sure you are right, I did think of that but because the screen was saying ‘signal loss’ I was assuming it wasn’t receiving data. I did scan it a few times while changing ends and that must be enough to provide the data to show on the graph when eventually I scanned after I’d finished. It also might have come across when the whole thing started working again on my drive home.

Reactions: Antje77

PBarks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone found a cure for the Novopen link/blank screen problem? I haven't tried to link my Novopen over the last 24 hours in an effort to avoid having to delete/reinstall the app and losing all the data when everything goes blank. Abbott are saying that version 2.10.1 is the answer but I can say, from personal experience, that that is simply not true.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

curly

Well, this just never ends. I had successfully reinstalled app, was back up and running on Libre, though had realised I preferred Shuggah anyway, but changed sensor yesterday and it just can’t maintain signal for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I’m sure I can reinstall app again, just moaning about it. I’m at diabetes clinic next week and will be interested in whether they accept data on Shuggah, as at the moment I feel I have no use for Libre now other than starting a sensor.

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM