It Must Be Christmas......

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Can not wait for Christmas to come I just love the excitement of everyone as they shop, used to buy box's of chocs and gifts now not so as my daughter has Diabetes and do nto think my son would thank me for chocs but still love to see the displays in the shops

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1D40D7AF-50C9-481D-A068-2E46650FBB92.jpeg

.....first Christmas decoration made for this year.....just need to get a frame for it....:)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 28737
.....first Christmas decoration made for this year.....just need to get a frame for it....:)

Lovely Molly

I used to do a lot of x-stitch, wasnt much good but I got something out of it. It gave me something I had to count instead of just counting random numbers. However, I cant do it nowadays as the eyes dont work. I have to wear one pair for doing the stitching, another pair for reading the pattern. I tried varifocals to combat this and they got the prescription mixed up so now I'm scared to try again. Instead I decided to focus my attention on reading and colouring where the darling children dont draw all over my books

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Molly, that is lovely.

wolfie, I feel your frustration with the glasses. I need new ones but have been putting it off because in the past I have had problems with the opticians not getting the base curve of the lenses in the right place. Now I need bifocals which will make it even more complicated.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I had new glasses last year and I have gone back to my old ones am sure \I see better out of them laughs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just starting to do some online Christmas shopping when my 4-year-old TV died. I found one online that looks good and has a good price but I probably should keep watching the little old one that a friend gave me when I moved here. It works just fine.

I'm thinking snuggly slipper socks with treads? I love mine.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've done some online shopping this year too. All gifts have come, just need to wrap them. :nailbiting:

And did some shopping with smaller outlets that were in some direction competition with larger stores. But the outlet were cheaper and far nicer than the larger store so I figured they would make good presents.

Have an idea of what to buy the rest of the people we buy for. I've found 2 big boxes of toiletries and perfume I've been buying throughout the year so need to find homes for those hee hee:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are doing Toys for Tots in my building again this year so I get to go Christmas shopping for toys. I love that. Can't decide between a few smaller items -- cars, dinosaurs, etc., or one bigger one -- teddy bear or one bigger dinosaur or a nice truck? The local party store has board games. Do kids play board games these days?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We are doing Toys for Tots in my building again this year so I get to go Christmas shopping for toys. I love that. Can't decide between a few smaller items -- cars, dinosaurs, etc., or one bigger one -- teddy bear or one bigger dinosaur or a nice truck? The local party store has board games. Do kids play board games these days?

My 9 year old granddaughter will not play with any toys. She is addicted to her tablet or phone or the computer.

I love the idea of giving toys for tots and I think your idea of cars and dinosaurs is a good one :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh it's definately Christmas in the UK. We now have Christmas adverts - 2 in fact on tv last night - one for Aldi with Kevin the carrot and one for Argos.

Going to be a long drag til Christmas :meh:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 9 year old granddaughter will not play with any toys. She is addicted to her tablet or phone or the computer.

I love the idea of giving toys for tots and I think your idea of cars and dinosaurs is a good one :)

Thanks, wolfie. :)

Kevin the carrot? Hmm ... I'll have to check our local Aldi next time I go to PetSmart right next door. My favorite horsey socks have a horse holding a sign that says "Will work for carrots."

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just ordered my first Christmas present. One down, 3 to go, plus a couple of dinosaurs.

Reactions: wolfie11969

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
not started yet and last year had it all done by now arghhh ....had a look for a few presents and will start this weekend I think

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to not even start Christmas shopping until the first of December, back when I shopped locally and mostly gave presents locally. Now I order most of them and mail them. I enjoy tracking the packages but I miss the cold nights and the Christmas crowds and the Salvation Army bands.