It should have a name?

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been thinking for a while that the phenomenon of banging your ‘phone or reader on your arm looking for your Libre is unique. Every time I swap arms I panic as nothing beeps and I think it’s fallen off. Only then do I realise I’m on a new 14 day sensor and arm and do some hearty laughing ( hopefully to myself ). Someone should come up with a name for it. I do it every time.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It's worse with an Omnipod insulin pump pod! I remember when my endo, who was also a type 1, was telling me about it and how small it was and goes to show me hers, and starts patting herself all over her body at the time to find it. I remember laughing about that but now have found when I am looking for it or showing someone I am doing the same thing!!!! They can go just about anywhere!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Meanwhile, I look like an idiot in a facebook group now because your question made me think of a video clip. I wanted to post it here but I can't remember what it was.
Not being able to remember a song is typically a thing to keep you awake. So I thought to be smart and just ask in the fb group where I most likely saw it. I think it was the wrong group...

I thought it was real funny when I saw the video clip, but because I can't remember what it was I'll show you the screenshot of me trying to find out, which is quite funny too :hilarious:
Closed group, so I blurred the name of the other participant, who is very helpful, so maybe you'll get to see the video as well later today :)

Which still doesn't help with finding a name for stupidly searching for your sensor (or pod) of course.

73375681_10218783287927626_2372455533908066304_n.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Although not related to sensors, I have the same problem when changing from my Skoda to the left hand drive Clio. Putting my hand in the door pocket to change gear and waggling about in mid-air for the seat belt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I do the same, I can't find what I'm for looking lol then I remembered this song -

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

A name?."Near field vogueing."

I tend to position my sensor underarm.

"Strike the pose........" ;)

image.jpeg