It this possible ? High cholesterol and low triglycerides

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Did you watch the video? Did you understand it?
HI
I have seen some of movies but i cant understand full
heart planning mean ECG Electrocardiography
heart rate it was 77 per minute

F.C 77 /min 0.777s
PR 0.148s
QRS 0.094
AXE 36 deg
QT/QTcB 0.368 s/0.417
RV5 1.90 mV
SV1 0.96 mV

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
that mean all is okay with my heart no problem so far
Don't worry about eating eggs: they should be healthy for you. I had very high cholesterol, but brought it down by losing weight and eating no sugar or starch. I agree with the people above who say cholesterol is not always bad, but if your triglycerides are too high, it can cause health problems.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Don't worry about eating eggs: they should be healthy for you. I had very high cholesterol, but brought it down by losing weight and eating no sugar or starch. I agree with the people above who say cholesterol is not always bad, but if your triglycerides are too high, it can cause health problems.
thank you very much for this information

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@HICHAM_T2 ...full version of Statin Nation:

Thankyou so much for posting this! Im going to try and send it to my 30 something cousin who has been given statins without even being told what his cholesterol level is or had a discussion about alternative ways to reduce it.
I just got my blood tests back this morning with raised cholesterol! And I have to say I was a little concerned as the LDL has almost doubled in two months which is when I’ve halved my carb intake.. so wondering if this is the reason.
I’m having trouble figuring out how to put them into English measurement.
The total was 222 mg/dL According to recent guideline levels here in Italy it should be less than 190mg/dL. My last total cholesterol was 192 and my GP was already telling me to take statins. I have always refused them ... at first because I just hate taking medication in general, then when I looked into it years ago and read about the side effects it seemed obvious to decline especially as my HDL was high, the LDL was good and my trigs were low. Now the breakdown is in Italian measurement with the guidelines in brackets.

Total S-cholesterol 222mg/dL (< 190)
S-cholesterol HDL 83mg/dL (45-90)
S-cholesterol/HDL cholesterol 2.67 (2.00-5.00)
S-cholesterol non HDL 139mg/dL (<145)
LDL cholesterol 147mg/dL (<115)
Trig 52mg/dL (<150)

so I know what my diabetic appointment is going to be about tomorrowinstead of talking about the hba1c, which isn’t perfect at 50, we’ll be talking statins!
At least I can confidently refuse after seeing this video! Very glad you posted it!

Since I read someone’s post on this forum in the summer, my 86 year old father in law stopped taking statins and read the book which they also recommended! He was impressed!

Thanks for reading!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Thankyou so much for posting this! Im going to try and send it to my 30 something cousin who has been given statins without even being told what his cholesterol level is or had a discussion about alternative ways to reduce it.
I just got my blood tests back this morning with raised cholesterol! And I have to say I was a little concerned as the LDL has almost doubled in two months which is when I’ve halved my carb intake.. so wondering if this is the reason.
I’m having trouble figuring out how to put them into English measurement.
The total was 222 mg/dL According to recent guideline levels here in Italy it should be less than 190mg/dL. My last total cholesterol was 192 and my GP was already telling me to take statins. I have always refused them ... at first because I just hate taking medication in general, then when I looked into it years ago and read about the side effects it seemed obvious to decline especially as my HDL was high, the LDL was good and my trigs were low. Now the breakdown is in Italian measurement with the guidelines in brackets.

Total S-cholesterol 222mg/dL (< 190)
S-cholesterol HDL 83mg/dL (45-90)
S-cholesterol/HDL cholesterol 2.67 (2.00-5.00)
S-cholesterol non HDL 139mg/dL (<145)
LDL cholesterol 147mg/dL (<115)
Trig 52mg/dL (<150)

so I know what my diabetic appointment is going to be about tomorrowinstead of talking about the hba1c, which isn’t perfect at 50, we’ll be talking statins!
At least I can confidently refuse after seeing this video! Very glad you posted it!

Since I read someone’s post on this forum in the summer, my 86 year old father in law stopped taking statins and read the book which they also recommended! He was impressed!

Thanks for reading!
After watching Statin Nation, why are you concerned with your cholesterol numbers? They look excellent to me.

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After watching Statin Nation, why are you concerned with your cholesterol numbers? They look excellent to me.

I suppose I just needed reassurance from you guys on the forum. I know I felt better about the overall cholesterol after watching the video.
Can I ask if you know a reason why the LDL jumped to almost double its previous level 2 months ago ( its always been in the 60’s and 70’s) the only things that have changed are that I eat more meat now ... I hardly ate it before and I halved my carb intake to less than 50g a day.
Thanks for replying

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I suppose I just needed reassurance from you guys on the forum. I know I felt better about the overall cholesterol after watching the video.
Can I ask if you know a reason why the LDL jumped to almost double its previous level 2 months ago ( its always been in the 60’s and 70’s) the only things that have changed are that I eat more meat now ... I hardly ate it before and I halved my carb intake to less than 50g a day.
Thanks for replying
I have no idea. Your body thinks it's the right amount, so it probably is.

Reactions: gemma_T1

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for replying

Did you fast for this cholesterol test? Are you losing weight at the moment? Fasting before a cholesterol test is important or some of the results can be inaccurate. Also, if you are currently losing weight it can affect matters. It is highly unlikely to be your increased consumption of meat.

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you fast for this cholesterol test? Are you losing weight at the moment? Fasting before a cholesterol test is important or some of the results can be inaccurate. Also, if you are currently losing weight it can affect matters. It is highly unlikely to be your increased consumption of meat.

Hi,
yes, I did, everyone here in Italy fasts for a blood test whatever they are for, it just wouldn’t occur to anyone to eat before a blood test. I had 14.5 hours without food before my bloods were taken.
All the hospitals have a bar to have breakfast afterwards... so you can treat yourself to a cappuccino before work
Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be losing weight although I do seem to be changing shape if that makes sense... tbh I haven’t been weighing myself so when they weigh me tomorrow I shall find out.
I was just very shocked when I saw the LDL result. So I was very glad to watch the video someone posted. It made me feel better. I will ask the doctor tomorrow what else apart from what you have mentioned could influence this increase. I usually get my bloods tested every 3 months and I’ve never ever had an LDL over 73.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write.
I’ll let you know what they say tomorrow

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with your doctor. No doubt he will say cut down on the saturated fat..

Personally, as all the other lipids are good, and the ratios are good, I wouldn't worry over one test. Trends are what are important. I imagine any test can throw up some sort of oddball reading out of thin air. Perhaps your doctor will give you a re-test in case it was simply a rogue result.

Reactions: gemma_T1