It works!

mx5jax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't post much on here although I do enjoy reading all that is written. I just wanted to give encouragement and hope. Diagnosed in March this year with Hba1c of 124! In May 45, July 36 and last week 37. No more gliclazide but 4 slow release metformin daily. Review in March due to hopefully halve the metformin. All has been made possible by following the LCHF regime. Oh and a weight loss of 3.5 stones. Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for this forum x

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @mx5jax That's a great encouragement. Keep going on what works for you but hopefully you can find some treats for celebration at Christmas.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't post much on here although I do enjoy reading all that is written. I just wanted to give encouragement and hope. Diagnosed in March this year with Hba1c of 124! In May 45, July 36 and last week 37. No more gliclazide but 4 slow release metformin daily. Review in March due to hopefully halve the metformin. All has been made possible by following the LCHF regime. Oh and a weight loss of 3.5 stones. Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for this forum x
Fantastic. I love stories like this. Lifts my heart. Congratulations on your success.:joyful:

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Wow, @mx5jax, what brilliant results! Keep up the good work.

I hope to get my Hba1c into the 30s come March.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I saw that I had lost the first stone, in seven weeks of low carbing.
Not only does it work, but the weight lost is fat, not lean body mass.