Itching - is there an end to it ?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @webmuppet :)

I am Type 2 and suffer with Psoriasis.
At times the 'itch' drives me bonkers when my blood sugars are higher than normal or if I have eaten sugary foods.
Should the prescribed treatments not work? You can always ask your GP to refer you to see a Dermatologist.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
My GP has prescribed antihistamines, Betnovate (hydrocortisone) and emollient cream but it hasn’t helped much. I’ve been in touch with my local hospital’s diabetic unit and they suggest that I’ve been prescribed with all the right things.

How's your Vit B12? Just a thought.

How about food? The following can cause itchy skin, might be a long shot, but it's best to cover all bases. I would never suggest that medical treatment is wrong but there could be other things to look at that medics won't think of, because it's not in their medical syllabus.
  • Milk (mostly in children)
  • Eggs.
  • Peanuts.
  • Tree nuts, like walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, brazil nuts, and pecans.
  • Soy.
  • Wheat and other grains with gluten, including barley, rye, and oats.
  • Fish (mostly in adults)
  • Shellfish (mostly in adults)

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t those antihistamines make you feel like you got hit by a bus the next day?

Can you think of any new foods you’ve added?
Have you ever tried R ALA? It’s done wonders for many things after neuropathy. It’s very good for your nervous system, brain, diabetes, liver, kidney, skin etc

My skin and eyes are so much brighter and a much better feeling of well being.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2007/10/nu_lipoic_acid/page-01

http://www.life-enhancement.com/mag...update-the-ideal-antioxidant-gets-even-better
Ive never heard of that Mrs Avocado. Thank you I might try it. Will it make me feel less corpse like? Feel shocking at the moment.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive never heard of that Mrs Avocado. Thank you I might try it. Will it make me feel less corpse like? Feel shocking at the moment.
Lol, Mrs avocado!

It certainly made me feel better all over. Within 2-3 weeks my horrible neuropathy was almost completely gone. Started fading after just 2-3 days.
Then the virtigo, clear eyes and skin, ENERGY, mental clarity, blurry vision, trembling, saddness all got better. I sleep better, and feel over all stronger.

It’s supposed to help with your nervous system and brain and they work together. I had stopped taking them, not sure why, and the symptoms slowly started reappearing.

It’s important to get the R ALA rather than the regular. If it doesn’t say R in the bottle it the regular. I have yet to see it in a shelf here anywhere so I order them from here www.swansonvitamins.com. I get the double strength 100 and take two a day for maintenance

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol, Mrs avocado!

It certainly made me feel better all over. Within 2-3 weeks my horrible neuropathy was almost completely gone. Started fading after just 2-3 days.
Then the virtigo, clear eyes and skin, ENERGY, mental clarity, blurry vision, trembling, saddness all got better. I sleep better, and feel over all stronger.

It’s supposed to help with your nervous system and brain and they work together. I had stopped taking them, not sure why, and the symptoms slowly started reappearing.

It’s important to get the R ALA rather than the regular. If it doesn’t say R in the bottle it the regular. I have yet to see it in a shelf here anywhere so I order them from here www.swansonvitamins.com. I get the double strength 100 and take two a day for maintenance
Thank you :) I will investigate. My energy levels are zero so will give it a try :):)