I've deleted my last post because...

ROE100

Hi

As the title says I have deleted my last post - not becuse it had no replies but read by a few people but the receptionist at the GP surgery had told me the wrong thing.

She advised I needed another blood test because the GP was concerened about my Serum Soduim levels - I got the print outs and was slap bang in the middle of the range so it made no sense.

So after a bit of time I decided to call my on call (24/7) pharmaist sounds like a great service - it's my sister!

As she walked round Sainsbury we discussed the results and she worked out that it was my GFR that was the issue and when I looked at the print out in more detail I then noticed the words drop in GFR (Kidney) so I'll take this as a postive I now know how to read these reports correctly. She agreed yes on the low side so yes probably a good thing to have a retest in 3 months. I also mention to her the Tyhroid above result and she said yes you can have a above range reading but if you other is with something (but she didn't have the details with her) that the above range wasn't really a concern.

So I now feel a bit less stressed in the terms of why I need another blood test and why my Thhroid might not be an issue (she is coming back to me later today on this) but why do receptionist give out wrong information - I have learnt after speaking to my sister where to look to see what the issue the GP is on about surely they must be aware of this line as well so why report the wrong thing just say sorry I can't comment (which I know also frustrates people) but that is so much better than giving the wrong information.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I now just take the view that if they want a retest in..... then after that time they have a retest.

ive had it a few times and 2nd time around the result is the same or better.. particularly in my early stages i had so many little things not right... i figured if anything was badly wrong they would want more than a retest in 1,2 or 3 months

as for the receptionist... there is a reason the are a receptionist and not a GP... and that is that they are not qualified.. even though many in my practice think they are as you battle to get a GP appointment

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. In future get access to your surgery's online system with access to your test results. You have right to those. That way you can see the results in your own time and most results will have the range listed as well; no need to phone the surgery to get a printout or ask them to read them out.