Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My deepest condolences. Life can be a roller coaster that's for sure. Take care of yourself, lass. xx

Reactions: Incyb

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sorry for your sad losses. Tough letting your ginger cat go but I am sure he/she had a lovely life with you so many cats dont have that. I am a cat lover and we had to let our ginger go a few years ago for the same reason. Its horrible. Hugs. X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks everyone. You've all helped tremendously. My brother died recently and we had our beloved ginger Maine Coon put to sleep yesterday because he had inoperable cancer. My bgs are all raised, presumably due to the stress. Anyway, thanks again.
Hugs from me. I sobbed my heart out when my 2 tropical fish which kept me company in late pregnancy in 2007 died. I was unconsolable. They had great personalities. Have 2 finches at mo. So cute.
They love attention.
This bad period will improve. Nothing stays the same. I can assure you of that.
Bereavement does mess with our heads but it's a normal emotion and it shouldn't be fought with. Let it all out. We're listening.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
You have done brilliantly and life has just thrown you a few curve balls but you are fielding them fine. Your next challenge is to find a routine of eating and exercise that you can live with long term. So many people have said that diabetes is a marathon not just a sprint, you have successfully completed the first part of the race but now comes the boring bit, the hard slog of routine. Some marathon runners say that they count the number of paces between lamp posts to keep themselves focussed, now you need to find a way of eating that is sustainable. Your challenge is to weigh the same this time next year as you do now. If you can do that you will have found a new healthier way of living.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2D and I managed to get my levels down to a daily average of 5.4 mmol.l and for a while felt proud too. But then there was some research published that demonstrated that having too tight control of bgl was actually bad for diabetics in the long term. I think it is due to having higher chance of hypo's, and I was getting the occasional hypo myself.

Then my GP said he would prefer me to aim for a new average of 7 mmol.l and this seemed to be a reasonable compromise to me. It means I can be a bit more relaxed about my diet, and not so reactive to the occasional slip up. I am no longer using a keto diet, but use fasting instead, I have moved away slightly from LCHF diet to the Pioppi diet which is still low carb but not too onerous to follow, and again I can be more relaxed and share my diet with my high carb family without too much chagrin, I have been 3 years on LC diet so far, and I am happy with the new lifestyle. My daily average today is 6.8 mmol.l I know I could be stricter with my diet and drop that lower, but I no longer feel I need to do that