I've got a date :p

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suppose it just depends on whether weight is an issue......some folk who exercise want to avoid taking on carbs and so would favour reduction in insulin, but everyone has different needs and levels of intensity where the physical activity is concerned...

I don't want to lose weight, but avoid putting any more on. a basal reduction the day before wouldn't work for mme, I should be swimming now but have a bad back and abandoned the idea just 40 minutes back, but am going to the gym for a light weight hi rep session shortly and have cleaned bungalows today 'cos of the back pain, they all affect my blood sugar but each can be worked round in its turn.

Perhaps a flat stable baseline is just a pipe dream as I'm in my 34th year of trying to find one :) but I would like to see me doing what I do now on a different basal, and although Lantus works better for me than insulatard & humilin I I'll not find out what a newer one does 'less I give it a bash.

And I keep telling myself that when all the doubts come flooding back :) having had a few bad years on humilin I....

Reactions: novorapidboi26

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Perhaps a flat stable baseline is just a pipe dream as I'm in my 34th year of trying to find one :) but I would like to see me doing what I do now on a different basal, and although Lantus works better for me than insulatard & humilin I I'll not find out what a newer one does 'less I give it a bash.

Even a non diabetics line is not that stable to be honest @kev-w. There is still a lot of spikes happening
I am getting a much flatter line now that I am using Tresiba and Fiasp. Not sooo many spikes

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And it looks like my date's stood me up :/ not yet having received a written appointment I thought I'd ring the clinic and query it, the receptionist seemed pleased to hear me but couldn't find any appointment, in fact she said I was due in April :banghead: but the clinic's very busy at the moment and my letter hasn't yet been sent, so my non existent appointment's now on the 7th of June.

So I think I'll go back to the GP again and DEMAND an insulin change, and he'll say I have to go to the clinic, so I'll go on about the missing April appointment, but not Junes, and with a bit of luck he'll write to the hospital and get hit with the same confusion I do and sort it out.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh:

I know how on the ball they are having just changed my needles to 4mm from 12mm on request and a bit of coaching as how to find the product I wanted.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good luck with getting the apt @kev-w as i've learnt over the years with anything t1 related, you have to shout loud to be heard, the quiet ones get over looked, so make sure you are heard !!