I've lost the will..

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Hi Patrick, sorry you are struggling so much. it is tough, and the this is for life thing hits us all sooner or later.
You said you like potatoes: I may have an answer for that.
Have you tried pre-cooking and reheating them? Apparently cooking, cooling and reheating changes the starch in some way so that it produces less of a BG spike. Its called resistant starch.
There are some posts on here about it. Try a search for more details.
Try boiling some and roasting a couple the next day. See how this affects BG. Of course you still cant eat a plateful - but some is better than none.
Hope this suggestion helps. you have done so well, with all you different problems, please dont give up now.
Thank you.

I cant cope with roast potatoes, only new potatoes, mash and chips. Since the second and third options are definite no-goes, my choice is, as ever, limited.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you.

I cant cope with roast potatoes, only new potatoes, mash and chips. Since the second and third options are definite no-goes, my choice is, as ever, limited.
New potatoes reheat well. Some people are reporting that reheated mash can be ok. Might be worth trying, small portion at least.
Lots of restaurants serve triple cooked chips. Could you try refrying some the next day?

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I bought a belt hole punch from eBay for £2.

I wear the same belt for work as I did a year ago.

It is great showing people the 7 holes I've moved...
My new belt is coming today!. Just hope its not too wide..

Reactions: JohnEGreen