1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I've now got Acute Kidney Failure!

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by rowan, May 7, 2015.

1. rowan

rowan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm having a biopsy next week s hopefully they'll fins out more about what's happeneing and what's causing it. As my BG has been pretty good they've taken me off metformin as that can affect BG, and now my BG has gone up! Really can't win!
    I'm hoping they can replace it with something else otherwise all my hard work could be spoiled!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gravity-Carb

Gravity-Carb Other · Well-Known Member

Rowan, I am just a T2 newbie looking through the threads and I read this whole one. I really hope your on your way to understanding what is happening with your kidneys and your on the mend. Take Care of you, and really good vibes are coming at ya from SE London.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arab Horse

Arab Horse Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and really hope that you soon get some positive news and start to get your problems solved.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rowan

rowan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. My kidney function went up to 40% for a while but down to 30% with last blood test. I got my appointment through this morning to see consultant with results of biopsy but had to re-schedule for 2 weeks later as I'll be on holiday, so now have to wait till 24th Sept to find out what's going on!
    I's stopped taking a few meds that might have been causing it but it's made no difference so it's looking more likey that it's down to the diabetes, in which case I don't know if there's anything they can give me to help/ But just have to wait and see now.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook