JAK Inhibitors

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Very interesting article I came across ....https://www.google.ie/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2020-10-treatment-reverses-young-diabetes.amp

I believe insulin therapy is just treating the symptoms of type 1 whereas we should be getting to the root of the problem. This gives some hope.

I have also come across the term Precision Medicine so rather than a one size fits all approach each patient is looked at individually and their genes analysed and treatments specifically designed for them.

At the moment I attend an endocrinologist who I can barely get in touch with since Covid and when I complain about highs and lows and insulin just generally being **** The response is oh just reduce your background and up your fast acting and thank you come again now off you go I try everything but for me just being on insulin is not good enough.

This news gives hope. I know immunotherapy has taken off in Cancer Treatment have any of you heard much on this in the area of Type 1? I would sign myself straight up for a trial! Although I do note there is a mention of possible side effects re dampening down of the immune system but sure it would be a change of scenety to the ****** side effects of insulin and almost dying a few times a week ‍♀️♀️