Jardiance/empagliflozin

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun

This is 3rd time on Dapagliflozin - GP put me back on it last December and was told to decrease my daily Insulin = so I am down to 35 units a day from 44 units.
A month ago my HBA1C shot up from 56 to 68 and an extra Dapagliflozin was introduced to take every 3rd day as well as the daily dose.

I don't like the smell or taste Vodka. Gin and Tonic is my tipple if I have a alcoholic drink.:happy:

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on 10mg Jardiance since some time last autumn. The first many months were a thrushy nightmare, but that has stopped since going low carb. I've gained weight as well as lost weight while on Jardiance, so I don't assign anything weight related to the drug. Yes, my urine smells different. I don't know of any other side effects this drug has caused me, but I hope that they'll take me of it after my next appointment. After reading about all sorts of side effects in here, I do get the feeling that you can throw any drug at me without any short term negative consequences, though. I do consider myself lucky.
My doctor increased the dose to 25mg/day at the end of March as an alternative to going on insulin, but the next day I went low carb, and had halved my BG about a week later. After another couple of weeks I went back to my old doses, and the BG kept creeping downwards, so I'm not really sure it has much of an effect on my readings. I'm certain that my diet does.

One why to think of it, Jardiance (and/or intermitant fasting) speeds up the removal of suger from your body, low carbs reduces how much suger is added to your body (as all carbs become suger when we eat them).