Jardiance

shei

Hi All,
I’ve recently been prescribed Jardiance. Does anyone else take this? If so how long does it take to work? I’m still high, 14.2 on waking.
Thank you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @shei and welcome to the forum. I don’t have any personal experience of Jardiance, but if you could give us a little more back ground about any other meds you’re on and what you eat in a normal day, members will be more able to help you.

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Hi All,
I’ve recently been prescribed Jardiance. Does anyone else take this? If so how long does it take to work? I’m still high, 14.2 on waking.
Thank you.

Hi,
Yes I was on jardiance for around 9 months, had horrible side effects feeling abit dizzy and spaced out,but I was exercising a lot and the side effects only lasted a couple of days.
I was taking this with gliclazide so I had a couple of really low blood sugar wobbles..always carried sweets in my pockets for such occasions.
I stopped gliclazide and stayed on jardiance and metformin.
When I started low carb I scrapped the jardiance and I’m only now on metformin, jardiance does make your blood sugar low so be aware of the signs, I would say give it a week to get in your system.
I was fine on it other than the first couple of days while my body adjusted.
Hope this helps, holla if you need to know anything else.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I loved Jardiance, best or at least most effective drug baring the obvious, made me pee alot but I had no infections, keytones wouldnt come down so dsn took them away boooooooo!

Personally I would not use morning bg as an indicator of anything, or at least not until you have all other times of the day good, morning bg is the great demoraliser.

Good luck!

Reactions: annie-p