Jasmine Tea

mrssmurf2

Hello

Was just wonderig if anybosy has tried Jasmine tea and found that they benefitted from it.

I have read it can aid in weight loss ad help lower cholestrol. Also is has a calming effect has anyone found this?
Also is there ay contra-indications.

WhitbyJet

mrssmurf2 - Jasmine tea is one of my favourites, must admit I never thought of any beneficial health benefits. The good feel factor, yes, definitely a soothing, calming drink for me, dont know about weight loss or lowering cholesterol, maybe if I stopped drinking it for a while I might put on weight? I am not willing to try out this experiment, I would suffer withdrawal smptoms sure.

I drink lots of tea during the day, some of it decaf, as for contraindications or side effects, I found this link, but am not sure, has anyone ever been told to avoid tea?

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... LACK%20TEA

teagirl

The calming effect you mention I have found with most herbal teas, such as peppermint tea and camomile tea. I don't know about jasmine tea, but I am certainly going to give it a try! Thanks for mentioning!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tried Jasmine tea and didn't really like the taste, I drink green tea most days and find it much more refreshing than normal tea.

Nigel