1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Jasmine Tea

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by mrssmurf2, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mrssmurf2

mrssmurf2 · Active Member

Hello

Was just wonderig if anybosy has tried Jasmine tea and found that they benefitted from it.

I have read it can aid in weight loss ad help lower cholestrol. Also is has a calming effect has anyone found this?
    Also is there ay contra-indications.

2. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

mrssmurf2 - Jasmine tea is one of my favourites, must admit I never thought of any beneficial health benefits. The good feel factor, yes, definitely a soothing, calming drink for me, dont know about weight loss or lowering cholesterol, maybe if I stopped drinking it for a while I might put on weight? I am not willing to try out this experiment, I would suffer withdrawal smptoms sure.

I drink lots of tea during the day, some of it decaf, as for contraindications or side effects, I found this link, but am not sure, has anyone ever been told to avoid tea?

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... LACK%20TEA

3. mrssmurf2

mrssmurf2 · Active Member

Thanks Whitby

I found this for green tea on the same website

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... =GREEN+TEA

Bit worried about the anti-platelet and blood pressure contradictions as I am on tablets for both of these but I presume you would have to drink vast amounts.

4. teagirl

teagirl · Newbie

The calming effect you mention I have found with most herbal teas, such as peppermint tea and camomile tea. I don't know about jasmine tea, but I am certainly going to give it a try! Thanks for mentioning!

5. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Tried Jasmine tea and didn't really like the taste, I drink green tea most days and find it much more refreshing than normal tea.

Nigel

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook