Jewish Low Carbing Recipes

Bobbs

Hi

I’m just starting a ketogenic diet and wondered if anyone out there had any low carb Jewish recipes. I’m struggling with it and had issues erev Shabbat when I realized that challah is out of the window now. I was going to go to synagogue today but I’m feeling so ghastly just now.

Any help appreciated.

Bobbs xxx

Bobbs

Wow thank you both so much.

Jewish Penicillin is a wonderful thing. There are as many recipes as stars in the skies lol. I must get my Matzo meal out and check the carbs!
I wonder if I’d be breaking lots of laws if I tried to make a challah loaf with seeds lol. Plaiting would be a nightmare methinks

Reactions: Brunneria

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Jewish neighbours made bukte loaves with seeds in. I think they were sesame seeds. The plaiting is done with six pieces in each loaf, but it isn't all that complicated once you get it started. Maybe practice with strips of paper before trying it on bread.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh i love my matzo ball soup !!!!!!:yuck:

I think the sodium content might be high though
You might want to watch the video I just posted on the Breckenridge 2018 thread. Low salt is another one of those dietary myths that is slowly being rebutted. Very few of us get high BP from salt consumption and the lower the salt consumption, the higher the mortality rate.