Jogging/ Running app

Golfdelta43

Can anyone suggest easy to use Jogging/ Running app for iPhone please.
I use strava to log runs, used to plan routes on it but they changed that to summit users recently so I use an app called footpath for route planning. I use a garmin watch running so they have there own app fir recording runs and you can set it to load onto strava which is commonly used in the running and cycling world. Can sign up to monthly challenges on strava

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I’d suggest Strava too, it’s free for a basic service To track your mileage - I also use Komoot now for planning runs as it’s simple to use but good for finding trails.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Runkeeper and Strava intermittently.

Runkeeper: A much more full-featured app. You can turn it on and run, but you can also pre-program intervals and things like that, and it can give you audio cues for the interval transitions. It's a really nice app. Good Apple Watch integration, and can record stationary (treadmill) runs. All data is accessible on their web portal as well. I've been using it for 9 years.

Strava: A very basic app. Missing a lot of running features that other apps have, and it doesn't have Apple Watch integration which is more or less a deal breaker for me. Also can't record treadmill workouts directly, although you can enter them manually. What it does have is a very polished socially media platform. It has clubs, friends, follows, and a really cool "flybys" feature where you can see who passed by you (using Strava) on your runs. It also has some good data navigation features on the web site.

I currently run with runkeeper, then import my data into Strava. I only do this because I am part of a club through my work that organizes on Strava.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I like iRunner. I have the basic version which won't plan a route, but it tells me where I am in real time, my split times, little pace and elevation change graphs, and a page for notes, which I love.
It only tracks you if you are moving relative to GPS. I think you can pay for Apple watch stuff.
Nothing fancy; has served me well for years.