Joint pain

colinn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have type 1 diabetes, and have been insulin dependent for 30+years now. For the past 5 - 6 years I have been having very restricted joint movement and pain. In particular in the neck, back, hjips, and shoulders. I have had an MRI and various blood tests but nothing is showing up at all and no one can give me an answer as to the cause, can anyone else help?

carol anne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mashed potato
I have type 1 diabetes, and have been insulin dependent for 30+years now. For the past 5 - 6 years I have been having very restricted joint movement and pain. In particular in the neck, back, hjips, and shoulders. I have had an MRI and various blood tests but nothing is showing up at all and no one can give me an answer as to the cause, can anyone else help?
I also have joint probs like yours also in my hands and feet very painful I tak e ibuprofen

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many conditions exist giving such symptoms of joint restrictions and pain. Arthritis is probably the most common of many.
Root cause of your joint pain/stiffness may not be directly linked to diabetes, so worth checking that out with your general practitioner.