Miaomiao 3 flashing red light

samueln12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
From yesterday onwards my miaomiao 3 flashing red light in normal state. I tried charging it but no lights in the device. Any one know what is the problem?

samueln12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Attachments

Attachments

• IMG-20240414-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240414-WA0000.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 76

Andriy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem, the transmitter flashes red all the time, and when I try to scan the sensor, I get an error that the sensor is not detected. Have you found any solution to this problem?

eliz-123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a firmware issue.this can resolved by upgrading the miaomiso firmware.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same issue, but using the latest Tomato app to update the firmware fails with an "Update failed" message.

I've tried a few times but it fails every time.

eliz-123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same issue, but using the latest Tomato app to update the firmware fails with an "Update failed" message.

I've tried a few times but it fails every time.
Firmware needs to be updated for your Miaomiao not for Tomato app. You can refer the below YouTube video which I have created to update your Miaomiao.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Firmware needs to be updated for your Miaomiao not for Tomato app. You can refer the below YouTube video which I have created to update your Miaomiao.

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

I am using the app (renamed to base.apk) to connect to the miaomaio 3, then send the update zip file to it.

I have noticed that after connecting to my MiaoMiao labelled as miaomiao3_ae5e and putting it into bootloader. It's then not viewable as miaomiao3_ae5e and is instead labelled as miaomiao2A_AE5F is that right? it's MAC address matches until the last character which is F not E.

The update transfers successfully and reports "Application has been sent successfully". The MiaoMaio3 then flashes a continuous red light and not green unfortunately, and doesn't read my sensor. In Xdrip the error logs says "No sensor has been found"

eliz-123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately that didn't work either.

I am using the app (renamed to base.apk) to connect to the miaomaio 3, then send the update zip file to it.

I have noticed that after connecting to my MiaoMiao labelled as miaomiao3_ae5e and putting it into bootloader. It's then not viewable as miaomiao3_ae5e and is instead labelled as miaomiao2A_AE5F is that right? it's MAC address matches until the last character which is F not E.

The update transfers successfully and reports "Application has been sent successfully". The MiaoMaio3 then flashes a continuous red light and not green unfortunately, and doesn't read my sensor. In Xdrip the error logs says "No sensor has been found"
Ok, looks like the apk it self not identifying the device. Could you try installing the app instead of apk. Am I making any sense.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You mean the .zip file that contains the update?. I've recorded what I do. You'll see the misidentification in nRF Connect. It looks like it's successful but the MiaoMiao 3 flips from no lights while sending the application while in bootloader mode to flashing red after the file is sent.

This is recorded after a new session, I re-downloaded the files again and re-installed nRF Connect.

eliz-123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You mean the .zip file that contains the update?. I've recorded what I do. You'll see the misidentification in nRF Connect. It looks like it's successful but the MiaoMiao 3 flips from no lights while sending the application while in bootloader mode to flashing red after the file is sent.

This is recorded after a new session, I re-downloaded the files again and re-installed nRF Connect.

I mean, I doubt the nRF is not identifying the device. So could you try installing the apk and try installing the app freshly through Play Store or store. Links are there in the ytube description. Just give it a try

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There was indeed an update for nRF Connect on the play store. I'll try again tonight.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly that didn't work. I'm not sure if the firmware file you link to on your YouTube description is any different to that shared by MiaoMiao but I've requested access to try it.

eliz-123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly that didn't work. I'm not sure if the firmware file you link to on your YouTube description is any different to that shared by MiaoMiao but I've requested access to try it.
Ideally it should be the same, I didn't know that the access has not granted to all. Anyways granted now to all. Just give it a try.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Eliz, sadly no luck. No idea why my MiaoMiao 3 is acting so differently to everyone else's with regards to the firmware update. It's annoying.

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok

Ok I guess you are doing this excercise after resetting Miaomiao
Yes, so I'm sure I'm right that to reset a MM3 you use the charging cable. I've put it on charge for a while, or briefly to check if there's a correct way to do this. Each time it reverts to flashing red straight afterwards.

Schuck7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm facing the same problem as you. I've followed the same steps as you and nothing seems to work.

I changed my freestyle libre 1 sensor last sunday and when I connected the Miao Miao 3 sensors it kept saying that no sensors were connected. When I try to reset it (by plugging in the charging cable), it has connected to the Suggah app and sent readings. But when the cable is disconnected, it stops working immediately.

So I tried to update the firmware, but now my Miao Miao started flashing red light and now nothing seems to work anymore.