Juggluco on Android. Who needs Libre3

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I've been bugging my Diabetes centre for Libre3 with no luck. As scanning 30+ times a day is a drag.

At the weekend I found Juggluco. Exactly the info as Librelink (unlike Diabox) updated every minute to your phone via BT. Also wear OS watch if new enough. No Bubble, MiaoMiao etc needed.

Download Juggluco. In the settings put in your Libre account details. Turn off alarms in Librelink. Close Librelink. But have it still running in the background. Goto apps on your phone and disable nearby in permissions for Libre. I tend to still scan at mealtimes or 7 hr intervals to keep the line going in Libreview. Just set the reminder in Librelink. Disable if you're gonna have a layin.

The only thing it doesn't transfer is the amount of carb or insulin you input. If you do this

This is using Libre2 with a Android phone and Wear OS watch (watch not needed)
Screenshot_20221129_191236_ASAP Launcher.jpg

Last edited:

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
This is a Samsung watch 5 Pro. Install the app on the watch. From the playstore. You'll then have the option of the above as a watch face. I've customised mine with other stuff too.

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a Samsung watch 5 Pro. Install the app on the watch. From the playstore. You'll then have the option of the above as a watch face. I've customised mine with other stuff too.
Very interesting @Ipodlistener.

Two questions.

1. Have you found that Juggluco will simply stop working for periods - sometimes for hours - seemingly for no reason?

2 Doesn't Juggluco drain the battery on your watch? Does the battery last three days as Ssmsung claim the watch 5 does now you have Juggluco installed on it?

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Very interesting @Ipodlistener.

Two questions.

1. Have you found that Juggluco will simply stop working for periods - sometimes for hours - seemingly for no reason?

2 Doesn't Juggluco drain the battery on your watch? Does the battery last three days as Ssmsung claim the watch 5 does now you have Juggluco installed on it?
I've found on my phone. Juggluco keeps working as long as I disabled nearby in Librelink.

Only just got the watch. So never used it without.

You have to have the phone connected to data/WiFi so the watch displays the data. Not a problem if you just want the BG reading on your phone.

Overnight found having bedtime on the watch stops both phone and watch from displaying BG info.

It's not perfect. But even Librelink isn't as since the last update. 1st update in a year of me being diabetic and having Libre2. The alarms keeps dropping out a few times a day.
I installed Juggluco Saturday. There's already been a update for a trend arrow.

Hope this helps others. As being so active my levels can change very quickly. When I'm working as a postman walking 7+ miles a day. Consuming 40-50g of carb without insulin. This is really helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidDK

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've found on my phone. Juggluco keeps working as long as I disabled nearby in Librelink.

Only just got the watch. So never used it without.

You have to have the phone connected to data/WiFi so the watch displays the data. Not a problem if you just want the BG reading on your phone.

Overnight found having bedtime on the watch stops both phone and watch from displaying BG info.

It's not perfect. But even Librelink isn't as since the last update. 1st update in a year of me being diabetic and having Libre2. The alarms keeps dropping out a few times a day.
I installed Juggluco Saturday. There's already been a update for a trend arrow.

Hope this helps others. As being so active my levels can change very quickly. When I'm working as a postman walking 7+ miles a day. Consuming 40-50g of carb without insulin. This is really helpful.
Thanks.

It will be very interesting to hear as you use your watch over the coming days and weeks how long the battery on the Samsung watch 5 lasts on a single charge.

Samsung claim the battery on the watch 5 can last up to three days without having to recharge the battery, but I wonder if that will be true if Juggluco is displaying glucose data from the sensor every minute.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Thanks.

It will be very interesting to hear as you use your watch over the coming days and weeks how long the battery on the Samsung watch 5 lasts on a single charge.

Samsung claim the battery on the watch 5 can last up to three days without having to recharge the battery, but I wonder if that will be true if Juggluco is displaying glucose data from the sensor every minute.
I've got it set to touch wake up. The claims are never correct in real life.

Today's findings!
Phone has to have WiFi hotspot enabled and watch connected to it. When not at home.

Well least this keeps the mind active. Nobody reads instructions for normal stuff anyway. :D

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Thanks.

Update!
Watch down to 73% after 24hrs with touch to wake. Charging with fast charger in box is 15mins for 45%. So best to top up instead of draining. I believe.

Phone I'd say used about 15% extra due to WiFi hotspot being enabled. But unsure as my usage varies.

Can disconnect during the night. But trying different things. But scanning with Librelink can fill the gaps.

Found you can use bedtime on the watch. But have to flick the switch so it only effects the watch and not the phone. Do not disturb on my phone

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Update!
Watch down to 73% after 24hrs with touch to wake. Charging with fast charger in box is 15mins for 45%. So best to top up instead of draining. I believe.

Phone I'd say used about 15% extra due to WiFi hotspot being enabled. But unsure as my usage varies.

Can disconnect during the night. But trying different things. But scanning with Librelink can fill the gaps.

Found you can use bedtime on the watch. But have to flick the switch so it only effects the watch and not the phone. Do not disturb on my phone
i’ve been using Juggluco - phone only, for many months now and really don’t find any impact on the battery. Running on a Pixel 6a, currently showing 1% usage for last 24 hours, and set for ‘optimised’. The latter requires a response at startup of the app of ‘Decline’. The default alternative is lets it have unrestricted access. I’ve tried both and there doesn’t seem to be any functional difference but usage did incresse when set. Most apps are set to optimized.

HTH

Jabbathebutt

Please may I ask, if I was to start using juggluco and set it to send to Libre view. My clinic who want to see minimum 8x scans per day would be satisfied because they would get an uninterrupted stream. So long as my phone and sensor stays in range and turned on?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your clinic/LibreView would get populated as I understand it, but I still use LibreLink alongside for all the other data eg insulin, so haven't tried it. I know most of that stuff can be entered by Juggluco but is a bit clumsy IMHO.

Also, I think the data streamed would be that from scans, ie the smooth line you see on the app, rather than the streamed, jagged line, that is junked by the LibreLink app after a decision to alarm or not.

HTH

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Please may I ask, if I was to start using juggluco and set it to send to Libre view. My clinic who want to see minimum 8x scans per day would be satisfied because they would get an uninterrupted stream. So long as my phone and sensor stays in range and turned on?
I don't know if the 8 scans a day still apply. As every T1D should have either Libre2/ Dexcom one. I've found just opening the app sends a reading. Also a scan will too. It doesn't send food or insulin data. Via Librelink/Juggluco once you start using. Only time you need Librelink is to start the sensor. If you happen to sleep on your sensor it'll stop reading. Which you can set an alarm for. Bit like a compression low with Librelink.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Your clinic/LibreView would get populated as I understand it, but I still use LibreLink alongside for all the other data eg insulin, so haven't tried it. I know most of that stuff can be entered by Juggluco but is a bit clumsy IMHO.

Also, I think the data streamed would be that from scans, ie the smooth line you see on the app, rather than the streamed, jagged line, that is junked by the LibreLink app after a decision to alarm or not.

HTH
Have you checked this on Libreview? As when I started using Juggluco. No food/insulin data got transferred from Librelink. Most diabetic's I've talked with don't fill this in anyway. My DC did say about 8 scans a day. But that was before the NICE guidelines changed. All they want is an A1C of less than 7mmol and 75% TIR.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't tried it, but as far as I know, whilst there is a suggestion of a target number of pin prick equivalent scans, my consultant actually acknowledged in writing that I was able to, and do, see multiple glances at the CGM to give a much larger equivalent number.

HTH

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Update!
I've finally managed to workout how to add carb/insulin or anything like finger pricking to Juggluco now.
With the help of the builder.
However unfortunately Juggluco has been removed from the Google Playstore.
But can be found via a Google search on the person's website. Slightly more difficult to upload/Update to a wear os watch. But childs play after the first occasion.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want L3 because it is so small and thin. Tbh they are probably not that much different from an electronics point of view.
I opened up an old L2, a big case with a very small battery and microchip in it and 80% fresh air. L2 is perfectcly capable of operating as a cgm via 3rd party apps.
I don't quite understand why L2 users can't be offered L3 if they wish (nhs UK)

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I want L3 because it is so small and thin. Tbh they are probably not that much different from an electronics point of view.
I opened up an old L2, a big case with a very small battery and microchip in it and 80% fresh air. L2 is perfectcly capable of operating as a cgm via 3rd party apps.
I don't quite understand why L2 users can't be offered L3 if they wish (nhs UK)
In November my consultant said it's £800 versus £1800.
NHS has big buying power.
Using Juggluco I'd say there's no difference. You can use it with L3 too.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds about right for L2. £100/month if self funding.
Just Googling and can't see any outlets even offering L3 atm?

Reactions: oldgreymare

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Sounds about right for L2. £100/month if self funding.
Just Googling and can't see any outlets even offering L3 atm?
That's the most annoying bit. Unless you're very lucky/ really struggling. You can't even self fund it in the UK.