Juggluco on Android. Who needs Libre3

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Also if you use Do Not Disturb. Everytime there's a update. You have to add Juggluco to the app list again.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
the floating value is an option in both the phone and watch versions of Juggluco
Unfortunately watch 5 Pro needs you to connect to a computer or debugging to do this. Above my pay grade Not a clue

HarveyD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've been bugging my Diabetes centre for Libre3 with no luck. As scanning 30+ times a day is a drag.

At the weekend I found Juggluco. Exactly the info as Librelink (unlike Diabox) updated every minute to your phone via BT. Also wear OS watch if new enough. No Bubble, MiaoMiao etc needed.

Download Juggluco. In the settings put in your Libre account details. Turn off alarms in Librelink. Close Librelink. But have it still running in the background. Goto apps on your phone and disable nearby in permissions for Libre. I tend to still scan at mealtimes or 7 hr intervals to keep the line going in Libreview. Just set the reminder in Librelink. Disable if you're gonna have a layin.

The only thing it doesn't transfer is the amount of carb or insulin you input. If you do this

This is using Libre2 with a Android phone and Wear OS watch (watch not needed)View attachment 57811

HarveyD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I use Libre2 and the minimum required scans per day is 6, I average 8-10. My question is, why do you scan 30+ times a day?
Are these Apps you talk about approved by the Diabetes Team/NHS? If not I'd leave them alone.
With regard to the Diabetes Team, I think you need to go back to them and sort out what it is you are actually doing with regard to managing your Diabetes. GOOD LUCK!

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The apps are far superior to LibreLink for helping you manage your D. But the NHS has great trouble learning even LibreLink so it is not surprising that they resist 3rd party.
Remember that we deal with D 24/7 and every day of the year. Medical professionals rarely do.
The 3rd party apps have so much info. but do take time to use it fully. I run LibreLink in parallel with Juggluco.
That way NHS stay happy as they get their bits of info on levels, dose and carbs. I get the minute by minute levels rather than the over smoothed LL and also get the extra 12 hours of Jug which allows an overlap during the inaccurate first day of the sensor.
Saves a lot of fingerpricks testing the sensor.
Also useful to have readings on my watch when I’m driving.

Jug is very useful giving the parallel readings from both old and new sensor.
And the parallel graphs for that 12 hours.
Good to see the new sensor settling down after insertion (I also preinsert but now only 8 hours, where it used to be 24hrs)

So well worth while using Jug. but it does take some extra work and interpretation. But keep NHS happy by using LL as well.

The 12 hour overlap:

Attachments

• IMG_6496.jpeg
    IMG_6496.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The apps are far superior to LibreLink for helping you manage your D. But the NHS has great trouble learning even LibreLink so it is not surprising that they resist 3rd party.
Remember that we deal with D 24/7 and every day of the year. Medical professionals rarely do.
The 3rd party apps have so much info. but do take time to use it fully. I run LibreLink in parallel with Juggluco.
That way NHS stay happy as they get their bits of info on levels, dose and carbs. I get the minute by minute levels rather than the over smoothed LL and also get the extra 12 hours of Jug which allows an overlap during the inaccurate first day of the sensor.
Saves a lot of fingerpricks testing the sensor.
Also useful to have readings on my watch when I’m driving.

Jug is very useful giving the parallel readings from both old and new sensor.
And the parallel graphs for that 12 hours.
Good to see the new sensor settling down after insertion (I also preinsert but now only 8 hours, where it used to be 24hrs)

So well worth while using Jug. but it does take some extra work and interpretation. But keep NHS happy by using LL as well.

The 12 hour overlap:

I stopped using Jug when the official L2 CGM came out, however from memory you can feed LV with the data it requires to populate it for your team to see. No need to run the L2 app except to start the darned thing if you don't have a reader.

Tell me I'm wrong.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Libre2 and the minimum required scans per day is 6, I average 8-10. My question is, why do you scan 30+ times a day?
Are these Apps you talk about approved by the Diabetes Team/NHS? If not I'd leave them alone.
With regard to the Diabetes Team, I think you need to go back to them and sort out what it is you are actually doing with regard to managing your Diabetes. GOOD LUCK!

I’m confused, I no longer scan at all unless it loses signal. No 3rd party apps used.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m confused, I no longer scan at all unless it loses signal. No 3rd party apps used.
Same here.

But I also use a third party app to fill in the gap regarding a "heads up display" on the home screen or lock..

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I stopped using Jug when the official L2 CGM came out, however from memory you can feed LV with the data it requires to populate it for your team to see. No need to run the L2 app except to start the darned thing if you don't have a reader.

Tell me I'm wrong.
It seems to offer the transfer of data but last time I checked (some months ago) it was not working, so just use the LL in parallel. No problem with that on my Android system.

• Informative
Reactions: barrym

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The joy of CGM brings the dilemma of how you wish to see your numbers and how to get the numbers to your team.

Like all electronic data, apps and the likes; things can get complex and the methods are constantly developing and consequently there becomes more than one way of ‘skinning the cat’.

The new librelink app is aimed at the mass majority to give basic CGM, however, I believe it is very limited in its capabilities. Of course though it probably is more than adequate for the vast majority.

Juggluco gives the next level up of CGM management and it will continue to upload to libreview for your health team.

TBH, my team don’t care which app I use as long as they can see the libreview data.
I do not believe any health team will offer you support for 3rd party apps or even librelink app for that matter.

Personally, I choose xdrip as my default app. I think it is far superior in many ways, especially for alarm management. Plus, it outputs easily to garmin watches and other devices. I also use juggluco in the background which feeds the data to xdrip and to libreview.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Are you checking on Libreview that the data is going through without scan at all via Librelink?

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I'm a very active person. Who is lucky enough to sugar surf whilst at work. My levels can change in the blink of an eye. I want to remain in range. I also want a reading on my watch. These things are there to make life easier. With a 5.6 A1C for the last 18 months and all data going to my diabetes centre. I'm winning.

Reactions: Zinadane

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a very active person. Who is lucky enough to sugar surf whilst at work. My levels can change in the blink of an eye. I want to remain in range. I also want a reading on my watch. These things are there to make life easier. With a 5.6 A1C for the last 18 months and all data going to my diabetes centre. I'm winning.
Fair doo's at 5.6, I am hanging around about the 6.3 mark. Again like you sugar surf at work, no problem.
Having the CGM for last the 2 years using xdrip has lowered me from the low 7s a1c.
So I love having the technology at my fingertips!

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Fair doo's at 5.6, I am hanging around about the 6.3 mark. Again like you sugar surf at work, no problem.
Having the CGM for last the 2 years using xdrip has lowered me from the low 7s a1c.
So I love having the technology at my fingertips!
It's an absolute game changer. Glad I joined the game now. Well done mate! It ain't easy. But nothing good is.

kopperdrake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning @Zinadane

Are you suggesting that the Freestyle Libre 3 will become freely available in the UK to buy from Abbott online and also for GPs to prescribe the Libre 3 from October 2023?

If the answer is yes, please could you say how you know this?

I've seen nothing online or anything official from anyone in NHS England to suggest this.
My consultant last year said there was talk of switching away from Libre due to issues with the Libre system. Whether that was referring to cost or functionality I'm unsure. Other talk was getting all T1 on to pumps, but I personally don't like that idea, being a keen swimmer and someone who turns a lot in the night!

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
My consultant last year said there was talk of switching away from Libre due to issues with the Libre system. Whether that was referring to cost or functionality I'm unsure. Other talk was getting all T1 on to pumps, but I personally don't like that idea, being a keen swimmer and someone who turns a lot in the night!
Who knows? There's a Dexcom One+ coming. Presumably looks like G7. But less functionality