Just A Bit About How I Am Doing

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I went for my fasting blood test yesterday morning, my doctor always wants me to have a fasting blood test as I have never yet had just a HbA1c. This time was 9 vials of blood, the arm aches - but glad it is done and by the end of next week I should know how well I have done over the last three months.
I do test and for the most part I have kept the levels below the 8.0 so I am hoping that is good enough or my carbs tolerance level is going to have to be reduced further....
I found the other week that I got into the pit fall of wanting my blood glucose levels to be lower than I am able to get them and was reminded on this site that it is not a competition and we are all different - it was what I needed and I am doing my best to be more focused on what is right for me.
Currently I take 2 x 500mg Metformin each morning with 1 x Sitagliptin (sorry cannot remember the dose) and then 2 more Metformin each evening.
I do wish I could say I have found the right foods for me, I know some of them but I am still looking for a good evening meal that I am happy with, reading recipes to try and help myself.
Well enough from me for now, I wish you all a happy weekend.

Reactions: 7 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What's the difference between a fasting blood test and an HbA1c test then? I am due to have my 12 month HbA1c test next Thursday and was told it was a fasting test. Every fasting test I've had before has only taken one vial of blood.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
When I first starting testing regular, I was very jealous of other members low results. At that time I was seeing it as a competition. I feel so stupid for thinking this. I have been type2 for just over 2 years now and my results are coming down and am over the moon. I still do get the odd few high readings but nowhere near where they were 2 years ago

Reactions: 2 people

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Ally1

I know what you mean about automatically falling into 'compete' mode re BG levels. I have felt the same, ie, see someone's fantastic levels, feel my levels aren't good enough, so try to get them down. Personally, I think it is a human trait in most of us.

Well done for getting your levels down. I can understand you feeling very pleased with yourself. It's a personal challenge, isn't it, especially when good control of BG levels tends to suggest less complications later? ;)

Keep up the good work, eh? :)

Reactions: 2 people