Just Been diagnosed with Type 2

AmberAnn

Hello I've only just been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes...It all came about after I attended the UK Biobank where I gave samples of blood etc to be used in research...So was advised to see my doctors..so after a couple of further blood tests..the diabetes was confirmed...Also as a regular user of various other forums I was introduced to this forum...where maybe I can get help and advice and maybe some encouragement as I attempt to control this condition by diet...But first I have to lose weight...I was 14 stone ..since lost a few pounds...5' 6" tall and almost 67 years old...
Just a little about myself..am divorced ..2 adult children...4 smashing grandchildren...am into a little painting when not bashing the laptop 'chatting' on various forums...retired from work..and having passed my driving test when I was 59...I think driving instead of walking..retiring..giving up smoking etc helped me pile on the pounds...
Look forward to reading the various posts etc...Many Thanks
Ann from West Yorkshire...

Lizzytish

Hi Ann I have just been diagnosed too with type 2 and I live South of the Shire :D . Pleased to meet you and looking forward to exchanging info and chatting with you.

Namaste
Liz

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ann and lizzy,
i am also in west yorkshire,welcome to the forum,
take care
amanda :wink:

ChocFish

Hi Anne

Welcome to the forum, sorry about your diagnosis. But it could be a whole lot worse and this is a good forum where you can learn lots about diabetes and how to control it whist still living life to the full.

All the best

Karen

drillingcat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with type 2 myself just last week, so I know how you feel!

:D

sleep2much

Hi, I've just joined the type 2 club too, first thing i did was to rush out and get a tester, checking before meals, two hours after meals, in the morning.....the ends of my fingers are looking like dot to dot puzzles, is it just me who got a bit over excited at the thought of this condition? Checking online for what my results mean, trying to convince myself it's not as bad as I first thought, from what I've seen my levals are not too high but need looking at, 8.6 fasting.
I look forward to reading this forum and learn more about diabetes and how others feel about having it.

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wellcome aboard, Ann!

You're at the sharp end, having just been diagnosed. Lots of us on the forum have been at it for a fair while now but even the old hands seem to get a lot out of speaking to other diabetics who've shared success and screw-ups alike.

All the best,

fergus

AmberAnn

Thanks for the replies...its amazing how common it is...and no have not rushed out to buy a blood testing thingy....wont unless I have to.... :?