Just coming to terms - and hello

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.....I too spent a few moments thinking about all the ice cream I wouldn't be able to have any more - but as you say, health is more important! Thanks again

Oh but you can have ice-cream, there are a few low carb ones available. Oppo is my favourite chocolate and hazelnut, salted caramel, mint choc chip or vanilla :hungry: It’s available at Sainsburys or Holland and Barrett. (I think maybe Waitrose too)

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh but you can have ice-cream, there are a few low carb ones available. Oppo is my favourite chocolate and hazelnut, salted caramel, mint choc chip or vanilla :hungry: It’s available at Sainsburys or Holland and Barrett. (I think maybe Waitrose too)
Ooh, thank you! I have made a note to try some later on. Ocado sell it too :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going back in 3 months for a repeat blood profile and I'm hoping for a significant drop in that HbA1C. Wish me luck
Happy to send some luck your way, but I don't expect you'll need it for a wonderful hba1c in three months, the way you're going :). Feel free to use the luck on something else, though!

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to send some luck your way, but I don't expect you'll need it for a wonderful hba1c in three months, the way you're going :). Feel free to use the luck on something else, though!
Thank you! Much appreciated

Reactions: Antje77

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox is right Waitrose do sell Oppo ice cream and I enjoy it too, it’s one of the few things that as a substitute is OK

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much - your support is very much appreciated. I too spent a few moments thinking about all the ice cream I wouldn't be able to have any more - but as you say, health is more important! Thanks again
Happy to help, you will find that we are a friendly and supportive group of people, we have something in common and it seems that motivating each other is something we are very good at, welcome to the club :)

Reactions: liarsdance

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox is right Waitrose do sell Oppo ice cream and I enjoy it too, it’s one of the few things that as a substitute is OK
They posted on a Facebook a couple of days ago that they are releasing a new flavour soon. I’m excited to see what it’ll be :hungry:

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy to help, you will find that we are a friendly and supportive group of people, we have something in common and it seems that motivating each other is something we are very good at, welcome to the club :)
Friendly and supportive indeed!

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They posted on a Facebook a couple of days ago that they are releasing a new flavour soon. I’m excited to see what it’ll be :hungry:
I'd vote for cherry if I could. I adore cherry icecream - especially Italian cherry gelato...

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
And if those are not low-carb enough, I've no idea as those supermarkets aren't available to me, get yourself an ice cream maker, and make frozen (Greek, full fat) youghurt with whichever flavour you like. So sad the vanilla prices have sky rocketed!
Welcome, liarsdance :)

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...get yourself an ice cream maker, and make frozen (Greek, full fat) youghurt with whichever flavour you like. So sad the vanilla prices have sky rocketed!
Welcome, liarsdance :)
thank you! Actually, I do have an ice cream maker; I shall have to experiment! *slurp*