xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finger pricking should not be painful. Don't prick the pad, prick the side of your finger under your nail. The pad is full of nerve endings.

It only hurts me when my pricker needle is getting blunt. Yes they are supposed to be single use, not many do.

Reactions: RosieMaxwell

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I should also ask - what kind of exercise is everyone doing? I've never been sporty/athletic so I've started with just walking which has done a good job so far but I will need to up the intensity soon so am thinking of purchasing a Cross trainer. (High impact stuff won't work for me because of other health reasons).

Walking is just fine. Just go further/faster if you want to up the intensity. No need for expensive equipment. Walking has become one of the major joys in my life.

Reactions: Divia

RosieMaxwell

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Walking is just fine. Just go further/faster if you want to up the intensity. No need for expensive equipment. Walking has become one of the major joys in my life.

Ok, I may take this advice at least for the foreseeable future!

Btw, I was reading your journey by the stats in your signature and I'm floored. The way you've taken control of your health is inspiring.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, I may take this advice at least for the foreseeable future!

Btw, I was reading your journey by the stats in your signature and I'm floored. The way you've taken control of your health is inspiring.

Thank you. I’ve become a bit obsessive about walking. When I’m not injured (which I currently am), I’ll take any opportunity to be out and about. It’s a great way to get and keep fit as well as explore and just enjoy being outdoors.

Reactions: Divia