Just having a bad day today!

mumsey

Hi my 10 year old son was diagnosed 2 months ago. He is on 5 rapids aday and for the moment on lantus at night (although this is being changed).
Im just having a tearfull day today. Harry has coped marvolous up untill now, but he is being lazy and forgetting his rapids after eating and his levels are now constantly up and down between 4.5-6 now he keeps going up as far as 18 due to his lazyness.
Im trying not to get on at him too much (he gets very angry when high) but am struggling to stay in control.
ive even given in to him today and kept him off school which i know is a big mistake but dont have the energy to fight today.
Oh well sorry to have a moan im normally very positive but the last few days have taken thier toll! lets hope tomorow will be better. :thumbdown:

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As a parent I know the pain caused by a serious condition in one's own children and the total frustration watching them kick against doing what needs to be done. These times pass though and you can look forward enjoying happier days with your son. One day he too will become an egotistical rude teenager and normality will be resumed:)

mumsey

Thanks, we have had lots of cuddles which are rare now he is older and we have taken part in some retail therapy buying him some cool bracelets etc his last reading was 5.6 so hopefully back to normal now :thumbup:

jayne15

enjoy your day off and cuddles with your boy, don't feel guilty, he and you have been through a lot, I am dreading it when my 7 year old stops doing as she asked, set some positive targets with him such as if he does all his jabs for a week he will get a reward ie a trip out, allow a sleep over ect it doesn't have to be expensive and then organize a bigger treat for a month of doing his jabs ect. all kids love rewards. love and hugs x :D