1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just Junior June (go) Faster(s)

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Robbity, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Hopefully a catchy subject for a thread that will encourange more of our newish fasters to post their effortds and results, and because I certainly don't think I'm yet a Magnificent Faster...

Robbity

2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I didn't feel like eating yesterday so at what should have been lunch time thought I'd do another fast - this time logging with a Libre sensor and proper ketone strips, which I got at a bargain price from eBay. I actually managed to go just over 24 hours though I had a slight slip up and when i was preparing the dogs dinner, unintentionally and thoughtlessly forgetting I was fasting, ate a couple of tiny strawberries that my husband had left on the kitchen worktop. Whether or not this actually counted as ending my fast I'm not sure, but I certainly went right round to just over the 24 hour mark without any other food, and just water and one cup of tea with a cinnamon tea bag.

Fast started on 9th June at 00,46 after a light supper:
    BG 5,2 (via sensor)
    13:28 when i decided to start fast:
    BG (sensor) 6,0
    BG (meter) 5,2
    ketones 0,2 / Ketonix blue and could taste
    weight 96kilos
    BP 152.67 :)( higher than normal !)
    Not hungry
    BG 21:50 4.9 (sensor)
    ketones 0.4/ Ketonix still blue
    Not hungry

10 June
    00:00 BG 4.7 (sensor)
    01.18 Ended fast
    BG 4.5 (sensor); BG 5.2 (meter)
    Ketones 0.3 (Ketonix still blue!)

Follow up (10 June continued):
    02:32 BG 5.8 (sensor; 1hr post meal)
    03:29 BG 5.8 (sensor; 2hrs post meal)
    06:46 BG 4,6 (sensor)
    08:33 BG 4,1 (sensor); BG 5.1 (meter)
    Ketones 0.5; Ketonix red (high), can taste
    BP 138/64

Overall these were much better results than I had from my slightly shorter fast in June.

june_fast_log.png

Robbity

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

All sounding very positive @Robbity :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook