Keep it Friendly

JER

I was very interested to read the e-mail "Keep it Friendly" presumably sent out by the administrators of this Forum.
I only joined the Forum last month and haven't fully made my mind up about it yet but the one thing that has really turned me off is the Low Carb vs Carb debate, it is in my view the one thing where all reason seems to have gone out of the window and where people, usually the Low Carb supporters, seem to impose their views. Most things I have read seem to be embraced with a good deal of sympathy and support but for whatever reason not this one.
I very much agree with the sentiments of the e-mail issued today and perhaps the administrators should impose a ban (if that is possible) on the Low Carb vs Carb diet debate for a while to allow a cooling of period, or better still members of the Forum that are embroilled in the debate just agree not to post anything on this subject for a month. Sure there will always be differences of opinion in a Forum of this type but I think enough is enough on the Low Carb vs Carb debate.
Cheers
JER

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Now look what you've done...

can-of-worms.jpg

Diabetes.co.uk said:
Well, further controversy on the Diabetes Forum in the last week has prompted lots of behind the scenes activity. The fundamental problem seems to be disagreement between those that low-carb to control their diabetes, and those that do not.

We're the minority. Seems like even "The Man" is trying to keep us down... It's not "lo-carb vs everyone else". It's A FEW lo-carbers vs A FEW outspoken others.

Peace, Love and Streaky Bacon.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That particular thread was started for the specific reason to keep the ongoing and controversial debate /argument etc on diet in one place.To often perfectly innocent threads have been hijacked much to the distress of the OP and other members.
The problem is that food is fundamental to life and to a diabetic essential to keep control of their blood sugars.Not talking about food and diet would make for a very quiet forum!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Coincidentally, anyone following a lo-carb diet can eat AS MANY WORMS as they like... :wink:

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Hope those worms are in brine and not syrup, Patch. :D

Hi JER,

So long as it's done in a friendly fashion, then there's no reason why the low-carb vs carb
discussion can't continue. You need to appreciate that, for a low-carber, it's tricky to answer
a poster who has a problem with weight gain, complications, hypos, highs, etc., without
making mention of the benefits of carb reduction.

It's also worth remembering that nobody ever had a post removed for being too logical.
If your argument is sound and logical, you won't need to cuss and swear in order to change
people's minds.

All the best,
timo.

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
That particular thread was started for the specific reason to keep the ongoing and controversial debate /argument etc on diet in one place.To often perfectly innocent threads have been hijacked much to the distress of the OP and other members.

Like this one.