Keeping insulin cool in the Summer

Trina_P

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I was diagnosed last July so have successfully navigated through one summer with Type 1 Diabetes. However, this year I'm lucky enough to be going to Mexico in August and I must admit I'm getting pretty worried about keeping my insulin cool.

I have a Frio pack which was handy last year, but I am worried about how well it'll work if the temperatures are as hot as they will be in sunny Cancun.

I came across this funding page before https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/insulin-angel-the-smart-medication-tracker which is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for but unfortunately can only become a reality if they get the money they need. Do you know of anything else like this around? Also, any tips on travelling in hot climates with diabetes?

Thanks.

Trina_P

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant, thanks. Reading that other thread has got me wanting to go travelling again now :)

peejay 37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sainsbury's
I have used Frio coolers for approx seven years to keep my insulins cool in the cab of my transit van all over Western Europe and never had a problem except for over soaking have no fears they are brilliant.

But to be sure check with Fiio customer services