Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry if this video has been posted before but I found it a fascinating intro into the possibilities that a ketogenic diet could aid as an adjunct to the treatment of cancers. Interest stuff.

Edited to add. The video is just 24 minutes.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I recall correctly, keto was once pretty much the only treatment for epilepsy. (Not directly related to your post, but still interesting.)

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If I recall correctly, keto was once pretty much the only treatment for epilepsy. (Not directly related to your post, but still interesting.)
Yes, it seems that a diet low in carbs has been used for a very long times (I seem to remeber it was used before, during and after the onset of developent of drugs to control seizures in the 1920 (?)).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A short Ted talk about oxygen therapy and ketogenics as an aid in the treatment of some cancers. I found the mouse model fascinating.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A short Ted talk about oxygen therapy and ketogenics as an aid in the treatment of some cancers. I found the mouse model fascinating.

Keto starves loads of abnormal cells and stops the growth of new ones.
Just another many reasons I love keto. It’s not just great for MY blood sugar. So many ailments and improvements in my health. No one could convince me to eat more carbs

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Keto starves loads of abnormal cells and stops the growth of new ones.
Just another many reasons I love keto. It’s not just great for MY blood sugar. So many ailments and improvements in my health. No one could convince me to eat more carbs

I have not seen any evidence to date that suggests LCHF/KETO may do any harm at all. Everything I have read/seen seems to prove that lowering one's carb intake has benefits for a lot of illnesses. Good stuff.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have not seen any evidence to date that suggests LCHF/KETO may do any harm at all. Everything I have read/seen seems to prove that lowering one's carb intake has benefits for a lot of illnesses. Good stuff.

WINNER TIMES A MILLION!! Me either and I’ve been doing it for over 25 years. I e studies it, listened to podcasts, watched videos, researched for decades. The few times I veered and tried to ‘eat healthy’ I was immediately exhausted, achy, headaches, bloated, moody etc.
Even now if I over eat carbs one day , and still god carbs, not starchy,sugary etc I am moody and achy the next day or two. Even if bg is good.

I realize it’s not for everyone but is definitely for me.

Reactions: Guzzler