1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Keto and Gym?

Discussion in 'Ketogenic diet forum' started by luceeloo, Oct 14, 2018.

1. luceeloo

luceeloo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've just started Keto (moving from a moderate to low carb diet) - Friday was my first full day, and I felt a tad under-the-weather yesterday - typical headache and low energy. In my head, I'd got today written off as a do nothing and ride out the symptoms sunday. But I feel quite spritely.
    I am thinking of going to the gym and doing an hour or so with the weights, and maybe do a quick yoga class. Too soon? Or suck it and see?

My stress levels are insane at the moment, and the gym has been really helping... So I'm feeling a bit twitchy as I haven't been since Thursday.

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Nothing too strenuous is the usual recommendation but if you feel ok then go for it.

3. Nicel

Nicel Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Make sure you have enough salt and electrolytes as not enough can cause headaches. I have found the gym helps

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook