Keto and low blood sugar

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My body just craves for added sugar. Also my body because of consistent high blood sugars, alert me of low blood sugars and high blood sugars when it isn't actually. It's causing me a lot of problems but actually when I am vegetables, it goes really low. It's annoying me when I'm at work especially when I constantly feel low and feel scared I'll drop low. I don't know what to do. Cause sometimes I think I'm low but my blood sugar is actually higher that. It's causing me lots of stress. I changed to low carb but I think my body is finding it 10 times more difficult than it usually is

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @ariaxo No wonder your body craves sugar when your running your levels high, the high levels and extra glucose isn't being absorbed into your cells so your body is craving more ! When you run your levels in range these cravings will disappear.

If you're going low then your taking too much insulin and need to review your doses.

How do you test ? What insulin do you take ? Who supports you with your t1 ? Have you tried any basal fasting tests to check your background dosage is correct ?

Low carb is easier to manage for me, but it takes a while to adjust to it, it will help stabilise your levels and taking less insulin means less margin for error.