daleyrobinson

Hi folks,

My wife is insulin resistant and became pre-diabetic two years ago. It was a big shock and since then, we have both become a lot more in touch with nutrition and food. We've been able to significantly transform our health through food. Having had a good browse around this forum, there are some very knowledgeable members who are of great value to those starting out reducing their carbs.

I want to try and build a community that can meet face to face in the midlands once every couple of months. We have a first meetup on the 18th of May, just off J28.

It would be great if anyone who has experience of low carb/keto or is interested in learning more could come along. Hopefully we can all help people take control of their life.
https://www.meetup.com/Keto-and-Low-Carb-Midlands/

Daley

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanting to bump this thread back to the top of Recent Posts :)

Reactions: covknit

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Great idea. I am trying to get some support for a local self help group in East Anglia

daleyrobinson

Great idea. I am trying to get some support for a local self help group in East Anglia

That sounds like a good plan! I think it needs people like you out in the regions to do stuff like that. If you're in London there is loads of stuff as always! Best of luck with the event. :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi folks,

My wife is insulin resistant and became pre-diabetic two years ago. It was a big shock and since then, we have both become a lot more in touch with nutrition and food. We've been able to significantly transform our health through food. Having had a good browse around this forum, there are some very knowledgeable members who are of great value to those starting out reducing their carbs.

I want to try and build a community that can meet face to face in the midlands once every couple of months. We have a first meetup on the 18th of May, just off J28.

It would be great if anyone who has experience of low carb/keto or is interested in learning more could come along. Hopefully we can all help people take control of their life.

Daley
Great Idea. I hope to get to one/some of your meets. Would be lovely to be at the inaugral on May 18 but J28 M1 is 70 miles for me so a bit too far to commit to attending a 2 hour evening event. Have a great evening. I am sure the talk and company will be phenomenal. Remember to keep posting the details and bumping this thread up. Or maybe starting a new thread including all the details in the title would be a better plan.

daleyrobinson

Great Idea. I hope to get to one/some of your meets. Would be lovely to be at the inaugral on May 18 but J28 M1 is 70 miles for me so a bit too far to commit to attending a 2 hour evening event. Have a great evening. I am sure the talk and company will be phenomenal. Remember to keep posting the details and bumping this thread up. Or maybe starting a new thread including all the details in the title would be a better plan.

I understand. Thanks for the support! :)