1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Keto bread using aquafaba?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Flora123, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

To any vegan bakers out there. Do you think the Diet Doctor Keto bread would work using aquafaba instead of egg whites? I’ve made meringue successfully with it but not sure about this. I hate wasting food so not inclined to experiment. Thanks.

Edited to add - hadn’t even thought of the carb content!! Maybe not such a good idea. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I don't think that the carb content is significant, really - though it is still a little uncertain, it isn't huge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Flora123,

I just make the DD keto bread without the egg white, works just fine. If concerned, maybe increase the psyllium husk just a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Really. I thought it was vital for the rising. Fab!! I’ll give it a go. Thanks so much

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook