KETO SEED CRACKERS

P

pollensa

Would like to share with you, a wonderful substitute for bread, delicious easy to make, if you store them in air tight container, can last for 3 weeks. Top them with whatever you fancy, great with scrambled eggs in the morning, or with salad, soups.

The only difference I make personal choice only, I use coconut flour in lieu of Almond if you dont have coconut oil, you can
also use olive oil works just the same

Make sure when you buy the pysillium husks they are "no Carb" as some have slight carb.

Excellent recipe, what would we do without low carb recipes www.dietdoctor.com. thank you!

Try them, and enjoy.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-seed-crackers

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I make these most weeks as I love them so much. Great with cheese or just unsalted butter.
I've never had any, ahem, toilet issues from eating them.

TonyHancock

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make these most weeks as I love them so much. Great with cheese or just unsalted butter.
I've never had any, ahem, toilet issues from eating them.

Exactly the same here. in fact I have just had some with cheese. :)

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have made these in the past and they are moorish. They keep well too

Ellenw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, spitting, dog poop on the pavement
Would like to share with you, a wonderful substitute for bread, delicious easy to make, if you store them in air tight container, can last for 3 weeks. Top them with whatever you fancy, great with scrambled eggs in the morning, or with salad, soups.

The only difference I make personal choice only, I use coconut flour in lieu of Almond if you dont have coconut oil, you can

Make sure when you buy the pysillium husks they are "no Carb" as some have slight carb.

Excellent recipe, what would we do without low carb recipes www.dietdoctor.com. thank you!

Try them, and enjoy.

I'm sure they are - but double checking - are they gluten free (I have coeliac disease)

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Try them, and enjoy.

These look lovely - I will be making some later today or on Sunday so I can have cheese and crackers. Mmm.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me any recipe containing pysillium is the food of the devil as it made me extemely ill. Which means I also - unfortunately! - have to avoid most Diet Doctor bread type recipes.

I believe someone else on the forum had a similar experience with it, so it's something to be aware of.

Robbity

Last edited:

Ellenw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, spitting, dog poop on the pavement
Is there an alternative to the Pysillium Husk - I can't get it anywhere it seems

Reactions: flexi06

TonyHancock

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there an alternative to the Pysillium Husk - I can't get it anywhere it seems

Check out ebay or amazon. I was surprised that Holland & Barrett don't have it...other than the capsules......which I spent five minutes emptying to get a tablespoon for this recipe on Sunday!!.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In case anybody interested, I made some seed crackers today without psyllium husk. I have lots of seed mix packets in my cupboard- bought from tesco, Lidl and Asda ( varying unmeasured amounts of sunflower, sesame , linseed and golden linseed, hemp and chia- mixed with pregrated grano padano cheese and Maggie liquid seasoning , garlic paste , cold pressed rapeseed oil ( possibly not enough) tiny bit of water ( possibly not enough) - slapped on a silicone sheet in moderate oven for 15 to 20 mins. They are delish. Will make them look nicer next time and cut before cooking.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_1844.jpg
hope this works

Reactions: Ellenw

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh they are so yummy - gonna make these better and again- I will be more focussed and put a recipe on here - they’re a bit moreish.