Type 2 Ketogenic diet and blood sugar changes

Pavan71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am diabetic for 17+ years and I used use Insulin + tablets. But...story took a great turn.....
Started ketogenic diet 1 month back and stopped all the medicines on the first day itself. On the first day FBS was 178 and now its around 110 to 130. My questions are

1. How long it takes to reach 83-90 range if I continue on Keto diet?
2. am I going in the right direction with the readings I posted above for 1 month
3. for the past 2 weeks the readings are between 110 and 130 and not going below, any reasons do you see?.

Reactions: davich

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So within 1 month you are off all meds and seeing much lower sugars.. I would recommend you just carry on.
My FBG's took about 6 months on low carb before they got down to "normal" levels but considering the progress you are making it looks like it may be sooner for you. That is completely amazing! Very well done indeed I'm so glad it s working out so well for you.

Reactions: Pavan71 and ziggy_w

Pavan71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So within 1 month you are off all meds and seeing much lower sugars.. I would recommend you just carry on.
My FBG's took about 6 months on low carb before they got down to "normal" levels but considering the progress you are making it looks like it may be sooner for you. That is completely amazing! Very well done indeed I'm so glad it s working out so well for you.
Thank you for the reply and encouragement.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I am diabetic for 17+ years and I used use Insulin + tablets. But...story took a great turn.....
Started ketogenic diet 1 month back and stopped all the medicines on the first day itself. On the first day FBS was 178 and now its around 110 to 130. My questions are

2. am I going in the right direction with the readings I posted above for 1 month
3. for the past 2 weeks the readings are between 110 and 130 and not going below, any reasons do you see?.

Looks like your glucose levels are responding very well and going the right direction.

Fasting BS takes the longest time to normalize. We do have to remember that it had taken us years, if not decades for the condition to progress to the point of diagnosis. So even when given the right conditions, it would take some time to heal, reverse the damages and normalize.

Welcome to the forum.

Pavan71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like your glucose levels are responding very well and going the right direction.

Fasting BS takes the longest time to normalize. We do have to remember that it had taken us years, if not decades for the condition to progress to the point of diagnosis. So even when given the right conditions, it would take some time to heal, reverse the damages and normalize.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the reply. Will maintain consistency and continue the journey

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Hi,

Keep it going. Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!

Very well done

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, keep up the great work and remember to spread the word!

Reactions: ziggy_w

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

1. With big simplification it depends on the function of liver, pancreas and mass of muscles. Combination of these three elements together with “insulin resistance” is individual for each person.
To “repair” liver and pancreas your main task is lost the fat - do the cardio - quick walk.
To “repair” muscles is to let them to be bigger - weight lifting
I started to stabilise my FBG after 3 month when I had lost 12kg of fat and were able to lift 60kg on bench press :)

2. Yes - nice job

3. See the point 1. Also what is your BG going to sleep evening before? Do you eat something just before bed, do you drink alcohol before bed? You have to experiment, what combination works for you. But priority is point 1 with LCHF!

Last edited:

Pavan71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1. With big simplification it depends on the function of liver, pancreas and mass of muscles. Combination of these three elements together with “insulin resistance” is individual for each person.
To “repair” liver and pancreas your main task is lost the fat - do the cardio - quick walk.
To “repair” muscles is to let them to be bigger - weight lifting
I started to stabilise my FBG after 3 month when I had lost 12kg of fat and were able to lift 60kg on bench press :)

2. Yes - nice job

3. See the point 1. Also what is your BG going to sleep evening before? Do you eat something just before bed, do you drink alcohol before bed? You have to experiment, what combination works for you. But priority is point 1 with LCHF!

Thank you for the suggestions. I do walk, but have not mandated it as a daily routine, will add it now.

davich

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who complain for the sake of complaining. The why me brigade. Live with what you have and make the best of your life.
Amazing results, I have only today been asked if I have tried the Ketotonic diet as opposed to just a low carb plan.
So thanks for taking the time to post and thanks for highlighting this diet.
My Mmol is 39 down from 72 so low carb has worked but if I could just get it down to 3 or below using the Ketonic diet then I have every chance to stay off my meds.
Today I start the new diet and like you I will post my results as I get them.