Ketogenic Or Prof Taylor Newcastle Diet

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am recently indicated DM type 2. I am 38, fasting blood sugar 8.325. I want to low carb diet ketogenic or extreme diet Prof. Taylor, but in my country Indonesia not many people practice keto diet. Do if I want diet keto or diet prof taylor newcastle I have to consult to my doctor ? and Which is better.

cristis

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
newcastle is an extreme diet, based on starvation. it's always good not only to consult your doctor, but do it under some medical supervision. I won't go for it if I was you, it's too early an extreme, collect more info.

keto is not so hard, but check about the side effects in the first too weeks, to be prepared. It's also required to get plenty of water, magnezium, potassium and salt during this period of adaptation. Consult a doctor if you have other preconditions, to make sure they don't interfere. Otherwise, look for as much info as you can before starting it.

I'm on my second week of Keto and I still have side effects, but I didn't need to check with my doctor first.

Reactions: gusbudone

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
newcastle is an extreme diet, based on starvation. it's always good not only to consult your doctor, but do it under some medical supervision. I won't go for it if I was you, it's too early an extreme, collect more info.

keto is not so hard, but check about the side effects in the first too weeks, to be prepared. It's also required to get plenty of water, magnezium, potassium and salt during this period of adaptation. Consult a doctor if you have other preconditions, to make sure they don't interfere. Otherwise, look for as much info as you can before starting it.

I'm on my second week of Keto and I still have side effects, but I didn't need to check with my doctor first.
very well, thanks cris, i collect more info about newcastle and keto now, and your suggest very help me. thanks

Chuckannuck

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd go with what's effective and sustainable. My own experience has been that despite good intentions, sticking with calorie restricted diets didn't work for me for more than 3-6 months. With LCHF I have been able to stick with it over the long term, stay healthy and keep my bg readings reliably in range. The Low Carb Program or Diet Doctor are good sources of information for that approach and I believe both of them give specific advice about working with your doctor.

My doctor hasn't had any direct experience with low carb diets, and is a "follow the guidelines" guy when it comes to diet. I think this is typical, but (slowly?) changing.

One of the most helpful and most essential things for me, that I get from this site and elsewhere, is a better understanding of type 2 diabetes, my condition and how to deal with it, as opposed to simply following someone's rules about what to eat or not eat.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One of the main differences between keto and the Newcastle diet is that keto / Lchf is long term whilst the Newcastle diet is a short term intevention of 8 weeks which the needs to transition to a longer teerm eating plan.
Both approaches will produce weight loss and improved blood sugars and at the same time both will see rapid weight gain and poorer blood sugar control if old eating patteerns are resumed

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd go with what's effective and sustainable. My own experience has been that despite good intentions, sticking with calorie restricted diets didn't work for me for more than 3-6 months. With LCHF I have been able to stick with it over the long term, stay healthy and keep my bg readings reliably in range. The Low Carb Program or Diet Doctor are good sources of information for that approach and I believe both of them give specific advice about working with your doctor.

My doctor hasn't had any direct experience with low carb diets, and is a "follow the guidelines" guy when it comes to diet. I think this is typical, but (slowly?) changing.

One of the most helpful and most essential things for me, that I get from this site and elsewhere, is a better understanding of type 2 diabetes, my condition and how to deal with it, as opposed to simply following someone's rules about what to eat or not eat.
It is same with my doctor, he is just follow the guide, so i difficult to get advice about this diet. Thanks chunk, you very help

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the main differences between keto and the Newcastle diet is that keto / Lchf is long term whilst the Newcastle diet is a short term intevention of 8 weeks which the needs to transition to a longer teerm eating plan.
Both approaches will produce weight loss and improved blood sugars and at the same time both will see rapid weight gain and poorer blood sugar control if old eating patteerns are resumed

I also consider the long-term effects of this diet. Ketogenic looks more promising in the long term