Ketone and BG meters

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Everybody
If receptionists at the GP practice of hospital clinic behave high handedly. Make a note of what was said and ask to see the senior doctor or practice manager. Receptionists are not healthcare professionals and should NOt interfere in clinical matters.
I did this years ago, when my toddler had earache and I wanted an appointment for her. I was asked if it were an emergency. I told the woman that I'd be dialling 999 if it were and also told the doctor. They certainly don't use the E word any more. I'm still with the same practice 25 years later, so I do know.

LoneWolf

Hi, i know you've already mentioned the optium B monitor, which uses blood to test the ketone level. As far as i know there arent any others available in th UK that test for ketones. But i was looking on an american website that sells diabetes supplies quite cheap and saw this monitor.

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.co ... Detail.bok

It says it also has a ketone warning, which i assume means it checks with the blood glucose strip and lets you know if you have ketones. I havnt really had chance to have a good look yet just thought i'd throw it out there for anyone to check themselves.
Also not sure if they ship to the UK either.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ketone warning on a BG meter probably means tha BG was high and so you need to check out ketones for safety.

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Peppers , Spiders, War and people who think they are better than me, we are all equal !
Last week my Diabetic consultant told me i should get the blood testing monitor that checks keytones ..... He made me an appointment with the diabetic nurse for this comming week to sort it out. I will let you know what the outcome is :wink: