Missyshell

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Due to having borderline Pre-diabetes, a family history of type 2 on both sides and recently diagnosed with Hashimotos disease (hypothyroidism) I elected to go on a Ketogenic diet. Since beginning the diet in May of 2017 I have lost 25 lbs, have more energy , lost my carb cravings and am thinking clearer. It took me many months to get into the state of mild ketosis, probably because my metabolism was so damaged by the hypothyroid problem. Since testing what level of carbs would actually work for me and that I really couldn't tell whether I was in ketosis or not I began searching for an inexpensive way to test my ketone levels. The urine strips never worked for me perhaps because I was using the ketones I was creating for energy and not spilling any leftover out into my urine. I found online that some people were using a cheap alcohol breathalyser to test for acetone (which the body carries in the breath when ketones are being burned. Apparently, the acetone in the breath is a byproduct of ketone usage. They are readily available on Amazon, etc. and cost about $15. The one I have has two scales and comes with a note telling where you want to be on the top scale to approximate acetone. Naturally, this method will not work if one is actually consuming alcoholic beverages but since I don't drink anyway that was never an issue. I just blew a .9gl and the directions say anything above .3 is considered ketogenic. I have also been doing intermittent fasting and usually have one or maybe two meals a day within a 8 hour eating window. Good luck to those of you who want to try this. Michelle

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Which one did you buy? When I tried this method, it only alarmed, very loudly, if ketones were + and only did that when I was deeply in ketosis. The one you have seems adapted for Ketogenic diets instead of just drinking alcohol levels.

Missyshell

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Which one did you buy? When I tried this method, it only alarmed, very loudly, if ketones were + and only did that when I was deeply in ketosis. The one you have seems adapted for Ketogenic diets instead of just drinking alcohol levels.

This is what I have:
GREENWON Professional Breathalyzer with Semi-conductor Sensor and LCD Display Digital Breath Alcohol Tester with 5 Mouthpieces
by GREENWON

$11.66$ 11 66

| FREE One-Day
Get it by Tomorrow, Feb 23
FREE One-Day Shipping on qualifying orders over $35
More options available:
$10.19 Other Sellers
GREENWON Professional Breathalyzer with Semi-conductor Sensor and LCD Display Digital Breath Alcohol Tester with 5 Mouthpieces
by GREENWON

$11.66$ 11 66

| FREE One-Day
More options available:
$10.19 Other Sellers
by GREENWON

$11.66$ 11 66

| FREE One-Day
More options available:
$10.19 Other Sellers