ketosis diet

BOY14

I am thinking of going back on Lipotrim total food replacement as I got down to 13 stone and my type 2 went into remission. I should have been taking Metformin over the last year but since getting to target weight after the year before I didn't feel right with taking it.

I have took this week been on 5 days now one Metformin in the morning. Obviously if I start Lipotrim again I would have to not be taking Metformin and so would stop about ten days before.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am thinking of going back on Lipotrim total food replacement as I got down to 13 stone and my type 2 went into remission. I should have been taking Metformin over the last year but since getting to target weight after the year before I didn't feel right with taking it.

I have took this week been on 5 days now one Metformin in the morning. Obviously if I start Lipotrim again I would have to not be taking Metformin and so would stop about ten days before.
I'm a bit puzzled. On your other thread you say you got your hba1c down to 63 from 90, which is in the diabetic range.
From what I see Lipotrim is a very low calorie meal replacement. Have you thought about using a sustainable keto or low carb diet of healthy foods to keep your blood glucose down without needing meal replacers or eating very little calories?

BOY14

I'm a bit puzzled. On your other thread you say you got your hba1c down to 63 from 90, which is in the diabetic range.
From what I see Lipotrim is a very low calorie meal replacement. Have you thought about using a sustainable keto or low carb diet of healthy foods to keep your blood glucose down without needing meal replacers or eating very little calories?

I went on Lipotrim 2019 got my sugar levels down to normal. Then this year about January I got them down to 63 from 90 which is not in the normal range that was again with Lipotrim but I kind of stopped Lipotrim. I think I will continue with Metformin, had my first one of 500mg morning on Tuesday just gone, so this coming Tuesday I will start taking a second one at lunch time, then the week after a third - 1500mg daily by then. I need a diet sheet to lose weight I am 17st male 52. How do people come off Metformin with a normal diet, how would the Doctor know if it was the diet or Metformin keeping sugar low.

I have done Lipotrim it is brilliant but I have thought if I go on it, when I am next weighed in January the Doctor will be thinking I have took the Metformin, and I do not think she was happy on the phone when I told her I had not been taking Metformin. The Doctor told me I could be very ill if I do not take it.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went on Lipotrim 2019 got my sugar levels down to normal. Then this year about January I got them down to 63 from 90 which is not in the normal range that was again with Lipotrim but I kind of stopped Lipotrim. I think I will continue with Metformin, had my first one of 500mg morning on Tuesday just gone, so this coming Tuesday I will start taking a second one at lunch time, then the week after a third - 1500mg daily by then. I need a diet sheet to lose weight I am 17st male 52. How do people come off Metformin with a normal diet, how would the Doctor know if it was the diet or Metformin keeping sugar low.

I have done Lipotrim it is brilliant but I have thought if I go on it, when I am next weighed in January the Doctor will be thinking I have took the Metformin, and I do not think she was happy on the phone when I told her I had not been taking Metformin. The Doctor told me I could be very ill if I do not take it.

Many of us here have lost weight and put T2 into remission without drugs by following a low carb diet.
Meat, fish, eggs, above ground veg (if you like them), dairy with some berries, greek yoghurt (high fat no sugar) and maybe high cocoa content chocolate.
If you eat on;y from that selection you'll probably be ok and get your HbA1c normalised.
I went from 23 stone to 16 following that method and limiting my eating window to between 1pm and 8 pm most days.
Coffee with double cream when not eating.
You don't need to starve to lose weight and it remains off relatively easily.

BOY14

Many of us here have lost weight and put T2 into remission without drugs by following a low carb diet.
Meat, fish, eggs, above ground veg (if you like them), dairy with some berries, greek yoghurt (high fat no sugar) and maybe high cocoa content chocolate.
If you eat on;y from that selection you'll probably be ok and get your HbA1c normalised.
I went from 23 stone to 16 following that method and limiting my eating window to between 1pm and 8 pm most days.
Coffee with double cream when not eating.
You don't need to starve to lose weight and it remains off relatively easily.
do you calorie count?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
do you calorie count?

No.. eating real food not processed rubbish reconnects you with your satiety signalling so you don't need to count per se.

I do keep a fairly detailed food diary and have done for some years but I don't limit my eating by "calories" just keep carbs to an absolute minimum. The rest seems to follow pretty naturally.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to add a little here, I did not have any weight to lose but I did spend a few months doing keto a while ago (now I'm on around 70 to 100 carbs a day). I ate exactly what I wanted but around 20 carbs a day. I began to lose weight immediately which I could ill afford but soldiered on with the keto diet. I ate inordinate amounts of cheese/eggs/meat/fish/low carb veg/Greek yogurt/berries/nuts etc, but still lost weight. I upped the fats to the point where I ended up dreading my one main meal a day because I was stuffed from eating to the point where I felt sick! I found it impossible to overeat on keto to a point where it stopped my weight loss. I know we are all different but I think once you start you will realise you can eat to satiety on those foods and still lose weight (not everybody can of course so I am generalising). Don't bother with calorie counting, it is virtually impossible to eat up to 2000 calories of pork chop et al!

Reactions: EllieM and boggle

BOY14

Thank you for your replies. I am going by what you have all said with diet. I even think the double cream in coffee tastes better. I know you cut carbs but is there a bread that is okay? Mind you if it is the case I have to cut out I will do so. I am on my second week of Metformin, am staying on them for the time being as my horrendous leg jerks and body while trying to sleep have seemed to have stopped, only last night just a few if that. They were instant one after the other sudden jerks legs moved fast back or forth or up, and my bottom of spine area was the same. I can only think it was because my sugar was high and effecting the nerves. Metformin has also made me calm within like a stillness whereas before my body was like on edge buzzing spiked up not a good feeling.

I am not doing Lipotrim as it is not sustainable, the last time I was on it I struggled, hence why I only got my sugar to 63 from 90.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you cut carbs but is there a bread that is okay?

Most people here who get the best results cut bread out entirely.
The replacements are, on the whole, pretty awful so best avoided.
Seriously after a month of quitting it you won't even notice you no longer desire it.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bread.
Well, we have this.
We like it. A great vehicle toasted for eggs (or pate) and plain for sandwiches - with butter!
It's 0.9g carbs per slice.
In fact, I'm about to have 2 fried eggs (free range fried in butter) on toast with a couple of slices of market-bought roast ham. There, not so bad after all eh?