KFC doing Low Carb

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Wandered past a bus stop last night and saw this advert!

e907e4b691e4bef4b0bb1eefc8cdefc1.jpg

Reactions: kokhongw

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had one of these today! Very tasty and filling. I had it as a meal with a Diet Coke. 74g of carb for the meal (with chips)

Doesn’t look anything like the picture though, was a right mess to eat!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had one of these today! Very tasty and filling. I had it as a meal with a Diet Coke. 74g of carb for the meal (with chips)

Doesn’t look anything like the picture though, was a right mess to eat!

I don't have a KFC in my area.. The easiest thing I can think of is walk down the road & dispatch one of my neighbour's chickens... Time to "man up." But then there is the "legality" involved.... ;)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Please do not show this image to my youngest, he is coming around, slowly, to the idea of reducing his carb intake but his favourite take out is KFC so this may prove too enticing a meal for him.

Anyone know what they use to deep fry?

Reactions: Our_lady_

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't have a KFC in my area.. The easiest thing I can think of is walk down the road & dispatch one of my neighbour's chickens... Time to "man up." But then there is the "legality" involved.... ;)

That may be frowned upon!

Reactions: JamesPo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

If they're egg layers they won't have much meat on them!

Reactions: Jaylee

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my 2 trips a year to KFC I'll stick to the 3 piece of chicken 21g carb if you eat all the coating - a lot less if you remove it - which I do from all except 1 piece - it's a twice a year treat after all ;)

Reactions: Key_master_

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Please do not show this image to my youngest, he is coming around, slowly, to the idea of reducing his carb intake but his favourite take out is KFC so this may prove too enticing a meal for him.

Anyone know what they use to deep fry?

Vegetable Oil. I work at KFC and the double down burger with bacon has 74 grams of carbs, without bacon it's 30 grams.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How come the lack of bacon reduces the carb amount so much? Bacon itself has almost no carbs.

I have no idea. The store that I work at is a halal KFC and bacon free, so we only do the double down with chicken, cheese and BBQ sauce. It is one of the worst places to work at.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The vegetable oil may not convince my youngest but it has convinced me, not that I particularly like KFC or takeaways in general.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think given the overheated vegetable oil that has set there for a long time converting into trans fat, if I must have fast food the "insides" of a Big Mac will be a better option.