Type 2 Kidney numbers

Kjell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Inactivity
My last annual diabetes review led eventually to a kidney disease diagnosis as well. The "out of range" result was expressed in a (mg) to (mmol) ratio but all the online values express the ratio in (mcg/L) to (mg/L). Can anyone help me to translate the first into the second, please? For instance each comes up with a specific number. The online guidance is that anything below 30 is good. My reading however is 5.4 which is obviouslly a totally different measure to the online one and will equate to something above 30 .... but what? Is there a conversion formula?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
1 mgl (milligram per litre) = 1000 mcg/l (microgram per litre or microgramss per millilitre)

Here is a link to a calculator:

Kjell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Inactivity
Thanks. That helped me look further into it and the stumbling block is how to convert mmol to mg and I'm getting the sense that it isn't a simple conversion. There's maybe another parameter needed that's beyond me, eg from a Google search:

"How do you convert Millimolar to micrograms?
A 1 millimolar solution of a compound is equal to the kDa mass of the compound converted to µgs/µl. For example a 1 millimolar solution of a 50 kDa protein is 50 µg/µl."

It's time I think to ask a relevant medic. to do the calculation for me. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: JohnEGreen