Kindle e books

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Redcoats I've fancied it but I think it is a little expensive the last time I looked! That's why I asked you!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
He is a very prolific writer, google him or search on kindle and the start of the series that I mentioned is called 'the Guns Of The South' then if you follow it with 'Those Who Remain'. The series starts from there. Absolutely enthralling!
Let me know what you think, before buying!

I've downloaded a sample of Guns Of The South, I'll have a read and let you know

Redcoats I've fancied it but I think it is a little expensive the last time I looked! That's why I asked you!

£3.49 on iBooks!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've downloaded a sample of Guns Of The South, I'll have a read and let you know

Just to let you know what the order is in this great series and the current kindle prices.

Guns of the South. £2.90
How Few Remain. £5.49
American Front. £3.95
Walk In Hell. £3.95
Breakthroughs. £3.95
Blood & Iron. £4.31
The Centre Cannot Hold. £4.31
The Victorious Opposition. £4.31
Return Engagement. £4.31
Drive to the East. £4.31
The Grapple. £4.31
In At the Death. £4.31

I bought the lot in paperback, cost me twice as much as Kindle. Thick books, well over 500 pages per books, but a great read!
The lot spans approx 100 years. It is called by Fandom 'The South Win' series. There is a total list of all his writing on Wikipedia ( best source), he writes in pseudonym for a lot of his titles. I am not a fan of his magic what ifs. But other history books like the Japanese occupation of Hawaii. And his latest series The War That Came Early series, which has only one more book to come out in the series. I also enjoyed his book. Ruled Britannia, about Shakespeare, when the Spanish Armada successfully invaded Britain.

A lot to take in. But knowledge is power. The pen is mightier than the sword, and ****!,,,,,

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!

Looks good Nosher, I'll let you know what I think of the sample....

C

chris lowe

I have been re-reading some classics a lot of which are free - Wuthering Heights, Northanger Abbey, Dracula, Frankenstein, a bit of Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens that I didn't really get into when I was younger but quite enjoying them now. If you check out the daily deal 99p books, they usually have "look inside" marker which lets you read the first chaper or part of it, you can also ask for a sample to be sent then if you don't like it you can delete it or buy it if it's ok.

I quite like a series of books called The Hangmans' Daughter I think there are 3 or 4 set in 16th century Germany.

C

chris lowe

PS I also read the Book Theif, but didn't like it much. There didn't seem to be much of a story and was a bit repetative.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I loved The Book Thief.

I really enjoy historical fiction, and I also like fantasy, so when I found a book (I think on a Kindle deal) which combined the two I bought it - Faerie - It turned out to be a historical fantasy ROMANCE - sooo not my thing! Far to much sex for my liking and pretend medieval speak. It was not even worth the 99p I'd splashed out.

Cheapie Kindle books can be hit and miss, but you do come across some gems in the self-published sectors at times.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I loved The Book Thief.

I really enjoy historical fiction, and I also like fantasy, so when I found a book (I think on a Kindle deal) which combined the two I bought it - Faerie - It turned out to be a historical fantasy ROMANCE - sooo not my thing! Far to much sex for my liking and pretend medieval speak. It was not even worth the 99p I'd splashed out.

Cheapie Kindle books can be hit and miss, but you do come across some gems in the self-published sectors at times.
If you like historical themed drama, have you read Jodi Taylor's' St Mary's series. I thought they were brill!

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry didn't know you had replied!

Enjoy!

myrio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
VEGETABLES
Alex Cross series from James patterson

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And for proper holiday reading and not thinking to hard, are the babylon books. Beach babylon and hospital babylon, I've read them about 4 times. Airport babylon is hilarious but I haven't got that on kindle, I'll download the others ready for this year's hols. Also the Dan Brown books couldn't leave them alone.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Loving this book, thanks for recommending it.
Jodie has now brought out a short story called Roman Holiday involving Dr Markham and her next St Mary's novel called A Trail Through Time is due in a month. Can't wait!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Jodie has now brought out a short story called Roman Holiday involving Dr Markham and her next St Mary's novel called A Trail Through Time is due in a month. Can't wait!
Have downloaded and read within 2 days. Excellent and highly recommended series of books. Should be a TV series! Brilliant!