1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

knackered all the time

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by sailorj, Mar 20, 2014.

1. sailorj

sailorj Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi, been t2 for about 4 years but in last few weeks been having lots of dizzy spells, polyurea, polydipsia and constantly tired. Same symptoms as when 1st diagnosed. So reviewed diet .. no change. BGs swinging with no pattern pre or post meal or time of day. Low carb max 90 to 120 a day. Feel worse with no carbs. Diet controlled still. No wondering if I'll be given drugs if I go to GP. About 1 stone overwight but can't shift it with carb or fat reduction and yes do exercise ... no changes are working. Any ideas?
    Thanksgiving

2. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

BG levels out of target area will certainly make you feel tired. When you say they're "swinging" do you mean highs and lows or something different ? If you exercise, low carb and still not getting levels down I would certainly speak with your doc.

3. bubblesclaire

bubblesclaire · Member

I'm exactly the same but been a type 2 since last may. I sleep like a cat...watch tv sleep. Finish work, sleep...sleep, sleep, sleep! husband think I have that apnea sleeping thing. Doctors think I'm depressed...trying to sort it out myself but diet is well controlled so kinda at my wits end...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Think you may need some health assistance to feel better might be worth chatting to someone ......
    I am t2 and not a low carb person ....I need a few carbs to feel well....
    Maybe you could see someone about your diet....

Support here is great, but you must put your health and self first if you are feeling unwell...

Let us know how you get on.....Kat

5. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Agree with the need to sleep, it's awful to feel do tired, I have other health issues but the tiredness is awful to cope with

6. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Regarding the fatigue, I'll make my usual suggestion - get your Vitamin D, B12 and iron levels tested. I used to suffer with constant fatigue and depression until I was found to be Vitamin D deficient and prescribed supplementation.

7. ))Denise((

))Denise(( Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Tiredness can have a number of physical causes, some of which have been mentioned above. They are:
    1. High blood sugar levels
    2. Vitamin D deficiency
    3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
    4. Underactive Thyroid
    5. Iron deficiency anaemia
    6. Depression

8. sailorj

Thanks all, seen gp & having hba next week

9. sailorj

Thanks everyone, good advice but other causes ruled out. Will see what hba is next week and keep fighting fatigue! Bms mostly settled to 5_6 pre and in the 7-8 post but occasional 10s in evenings. But dizzy all the time

10. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Diabetics can cause awful tiredness for some..........

11. bubblesclaire

bubblesclaire · Member

12. bubblesclaire

bubblesclaire · Member

Went docs as I feel depressed he said go home and change things...hhhmmm diabetes is the change hello!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook