Know that feeling when you don't want to look under a manky plaster?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My poor much maligned sensor which has been problematic since Day Two must be all but out of the whole as it went from normalish numbers before breakfast to flat line LO. There is something that is trickling from the sensor through the tegaderm (yes that really does feel as disgusting as it sounds) and I currently have 6 sensors on hold, now TWO sensors for replacement and an Optium kit being sent out next week when I am back at home so can at least check/empty my secure parcel box daily.

In the mean time I ill have to psyche myself up to see what is under this leaky, itchy, tegaderm & sensor combo. I am trying to tell myself if cannot possible be worse than the skinburn in Singapore (which has left me with a lovely red mark on my upper arm)... and to think, I always used to spend every episode of Casualty hiding behind a cushion!

I think I am just going to enjoy the free media bar on the last few days of my last tournament this year, and give my arms some time to heal before trying again with a new Libre on its planned changeover date just in case I have to use the left arm again. Where the previous sensor was, the scabbing and scarring hasn't yet fully subsided as it has only been a week.. and there is only so much cortisone you can put on there.

Well.. my GP is always insisting I only need metformin... let's see if he's right (well... for the next few days anyway!)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Eeeugh!
Hope it isn't too bad when you look.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
oh just ugh....
IMG_3053.jpg

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Not hideous but still annoying. Hope all improves soon.

tubamanandy

On my original one, nearly finished my 2 weeks. Not had any issues with it but did some good research (mainly on here) first including shaving the area, cleaning it properly, putting it in the right place and covering it with Tegaderm (excellent stuff)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So Ooze Update ;-)
I slathered it with sudocrem when I finally crashed out around 1am... and so far it has been fine. I rubbed a couple of layers on it this morning and apart from it feeling a little grumpy with me when I peeled my top off it, it hasn't been itching.

I had to grovel to the hotel staff for a pair of scissors to try the compeed trick and there were in hysterics as I tried to cut a neat traingle shaped hole with basically a set of garden shears! But already the readings are ok - a bit up and down but I met friends for lunch and had a few sneaky fries (so good to see it IS working other than the permanent lows I was getting before!)

I think I will have to completely write off half of October and most of November in terms of Libre data.
I think when I put a new one at the end of the month, The new stock is still 'in the system' and from December through to January I will be flexing my LCHF muscle a little more until I head (hopefully) to Australia.

Hopefully by the time I go for my next blood test planned in March, I can effectively start again from scratch, and my diary for that three month period will look a little more settled. Of course the new season... well that will be another story!