Lager/ nightout

DazNE

Well last week I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes gutted but on a positive side I've started a diet and looking forward to losing the pounds for summer.

Now I do like a drink and my favourite is Coors yum and when I have a night out I like to party hard but that's obviously got to stop now. Last night due to the high winds my elderly farther was nervous about driving us to the club and suggested we get the bus instead but I said I would take my car and not have a beer.

WOW how hard was that lol, I had two premium diet cokes ( cans) which were yuk and my third drink was a shandy made with Heineken zero that was just as bad as the Cooke.

Although I still had a laugh with the old guys it got me thinking what can I drink instead of a carby lager although I don't think Coors is one of the worst. I'm not a wine drinker not really enjoyed any wine I have tried and spirits are not really my thing. I have never been one for sipping I always love to gulp a pint hahahaha.

Eeeeeeee I sound like I have a drink problem but I can take it or leave it at home but when I'm out I do like a guzzle.

Obviously if it's between my health and a beer then I know what comes first.
This is all so depressing, I work hard, I don't smoke and all I want is to let myself go once a week. Hell I even built a garden bar in the lockdown lol.

(very small mod edit for language)

Last edited by a moderator:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I used to like good English bitter.
That was my frothy head of choice.
I now drink whisky.
I have learned a bit about nosing it that's a separate pleasure from drinking it.
I then take a small sip like sipping hot coffee and get to experience the mouth feel.
The way a half teaspoon of water can alter quite drastically what I just sipped neat.
I explore different whiskies rather than stick to one and find there are so many different interesting ones available.
That's worked for me but that's drinking at home.
I can't imagine it working for you clubbing it.
Small pub with friends yes but I suspect you'll have to just carry on with the liquid bread if you're after laughs but also the possibility of an early death.
It's a ***** this illness.

Reactions: DazNE

DazNE

Ohhhhh I couldn't drink whiskey I can't even stand the smell of it and I have tried a few.

I like southern comfort with lemonade could go diet lemonade but I will have to look up SC and see what the carbs are like. I think it will be vodka and diet lemonade for me see if I can get the pallet for that.