Lamb stock ideas

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
Hi all, I'm looking for good ideas to make use of home made lamb stock. Actually it's the product of what happens when I cook lamb breast in the pressure cooker. Fat renders out into the water and is concentrated as the water boils down.
Left to cool and set the white fat and stock separate out. The fat I can use to fry things in, but I was wandering what I could use the stock in?

The only thing I've come up with is a Ramen dish using courgette noodles instead of rice noodles.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, as @noblehead says, a good base for stock.

Simmer it with a few veggies thrown in (i would use onion, courgette, peppers, a leek, maybe a carrot and a stick of celery). I would just throw them in without choppin. Just peel and slice once. Oh, and garlic of course.

Once the veggies are soft, you could fish them out, and have a clear thin broth, with the veg and meat flavours.
Or blend all the veggies with the liquid, to have a thicker puree.

From there, just add in whatever you feel like. Herbs? Mint? Dice the meat back in? Add cream? Tinned Tomat? Passata? Curry paste? Coconut cream? Cheese on top (like Cawl). Smoked paprika?

The world is your lobster...

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
You're making me hungry!!!!!!

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
Wow these suggestions sound great, thank you.